Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dexter Fowler

Re: Dexter Fowler

The Rockies want pitcher Mike Leake from the Reds in a Dexter Fowler trade, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post. The team is looking at Leake and "at least two more prospects,: according to Renck.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...-dexter-fowler

2. Turn Off Ads?

In the Twitterverse there is some mention of the Braves and Fowler. Delgado or Minor possibly being dangled as trade bait.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Rockies want pitcher Mike Leake from the Reds in a Dexter Fowler trade, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post. The team is looking at Leake and "at least two more prospects,: according to Renck.
    If the Rockies want "at least two more prospects," they better be some C-level prospects. I could see the Reds throwing in Lotzkar and possibly a rookie or A-ball pitcher.

Denard Span is under contract through 2014, with a club option for 2015. Dexter Fowler is arb eligible for three more years, so the return should be pretty comparable between the two. The Nationals gave up their #1 pitching prospect who was in A-ball last year. Considering the Rockies would be getting a middle of the rotation starter in Leake, they can't expect too much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
    If the Rockies want "at least two more prospects," they better be some C-level prospects. I could see the Reds throwing in Lotzkar and possibly a rookie or A-ball pitcher.

Denard Span is under contract through 2014, with a club option for 2015. Dexter Fowler is arb eligible for three more years, so the return should be pretty comparable between the two. The Nationals gave up their #1 pitching prospect who was in A-ball last year. Considering the Rockies would be getting a middle of the rotation starter in Leake, they can't expect too much more.
    BINGO.

In fact, the market demands that it should'nt even take anymore players than Leake... I think the Phillies WAY over paid for Revere... After what the Nationals gave up for Span...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    BINGO.

In fact, the market demands that it should'nt even take anymore players than Leake... I think the Phillies WAY over paid for Revere... After what the Nationals gave up for Span...
    Regardless of our differences on De Aza we agree on this for sure

Clearly, the Rockies have overvalued Fowler. His home/ road splits over his entire career would scare me off if I was a G.M. especially for what they are asking. The guy's career batting average and run production are all substantially lower on the road.

Turn Off Ads?