Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Fowler

Re: Dexter Fowler

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

2) Cingrani and Corcino were in Double-A last year? Are they ready to make the leap to the Majors? Questionable. Stephenson is even further away.
    None of that precludes those guys from being very viable trade chips. Just as Alex Meyer was in the Denard Span deal, on his own.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No to Fowler. Period. Look at his home and away splits...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...=b#hmvis::none

Dexter is a JOKE on the Road... Maybe not JOKE but not worth the asking price and anyone who wants to trade Bailey for Fowler is NUTS.

Just say No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    No to Fowler. Period. Look at his home and away splits...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...=b#hmvis::none

Dexter is a JOKE on the Road... Maybe not JOKE but not worth the asking price and anyone who wants to trade Bailey for Fowler is NUTS.

Just say No.
    Insert Upton for Fowler and does your last sentence still apply?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Insert Upton for Fowler and does your last sentence still apply?
    I know you think you're being intelligent but you're not.

It's Coors Field, pal.

NOT Chase Field.

If anything, moving to GAB, Justin Upton's Home numbers will Increase in GAB.

I know you think you're being intelligent but you're not.

It's Coors Field, pal.

NOT Chase Field.

If anything, moving to GAB, Justin Upton's Home numbers will Increase in GAB.
    Wow, are you being serious right now? I ask a question and you attack me?

Take a look at Upton's road splits. Just as bad as Fowler's. Then take a look at Fowler's 2011 Home/Road splits. He was better on the road than at home. Take a look at Upton's career #'s at GABP, yes, it's only 15 games, but not good...

I have facts behind my question. I'm not blindly spouting just to be a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Wow, are you being serious right now? I ask a question and you attack me?

Take a look at Upton's road splits. Just as bad as Fowler's. Then take a look at Fowler's 2011 Home/Road splits. He was better on the road than at home. Take a look at Upton's career #'s at GABP, yes, it's only 15 games, but not good...

I have facts behind my question. I'm not blindly spouting just to be a jerk
    I looked at Upton's 2011 and 2012 Home Road Splits, but it's Coors Field that is the difference and if you don't get that... I cannot help you.

I looked at Upton's 2011 and 2012 Home Road Splits, but it's Coors Field that is the difference and if you don't get that... I cannot help you.
    Again, I'm not sure why the condescending tone because I have a difference of opinion. According to park factors, Chase is a better hitter's park overall than GABP, so he's not moving from PetCo. I think we can be mature enough to have a polite disagreement on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post
    None of that precludes those guys from being very viable trade chips. Just as Alex Meyer was in the Denard Span deal, on his own.
    You are right. But my preference is to hold on to pitching. It may be Bronson's last year. Bailey might be gone after 2014. Injuries happen. Maybe the days of Brandon Claussen and Lance Davis and Jimmy Haynes standing on the mound are still too fresh in my mind. Pitching and defense wins. I would like to stay with that formula.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I don't see the Reds having depth in starting pitching.

1) Aroldis Chapman would have to be a question mark. Has he ever been a successful starter? Can he pitch 180 innings? Does he have enough pitches?

2) Cingrani and Corcino were in Double-A last year? Are they ready to make the leap to the Majors? Questionable. Stephenson is even further away.

3) There is a reason why Todd Redmond is 28 and has made all of one start in the majors. Do you really want him taking the ball every fifth day for 15 or so starts in case of injury? I don't.

4) The Reds were extremely fortunate that their starters did not miss a turn in 2012. Is that to be expected again in 2013?

No, if the Reds are going to have holes in their 25-man roster I prefer it to be in the lineup and not on the mound.
    Well put. And I would add
    5) Arroyo is one year removed from bad
    6) Latos is young and still not totally reliable
    7) Which Homer do we get? Can he stay healthy?
    8) Can Leake stay out of jail?
    Huh? Huh-uh. Oh yeah, uh-huh.

This is what is going to happen.

The Reds won't get Fowler, our leadoff will either be stubbs/cozart, or we will sign a cheap and short term deal to someone who can play unitll Hamilton comes up. In left field we will either have Ludwick back, or Heisey and someone else like Fraizer or someone from the farm. If we do get involved in a trade, I see it being for the back end of the bullpen.

How about Homer and Stubbs for Fowler and Pomeranz?

I think that evens the trade out a bit. I still like Fowler despite all of the talk about home/road splits. It could be a red flag, but I think it's a little bit overblown. Fowler isn't really quite as good as he was in 2012, but he's still a solid .350-.360 OBP guy who can switch hit. I'll take that at the top of my lineup any day.

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m...?new_post=true

Fowler talks heating up. Looks like the Rox have finally noticed how dire their potential starting 5 looks.

Fowler for Leake, Stubbs, Soto/Lotzkar. I would include both Soto and Lotzkar if that's what it takes. Get it done Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m...?new_post=true

Fowler talks heating up. Looks like the Rox have finally noticed how dire their potential starting 5 looks.

Fowler for Leake, Stubbs, Soto/Lotzkar. I would include both Soto and Lotzkar if that's what it takes. Get it done Walt.
    I think the third player would have to be quite a bit better than Soto/Lotzkar to get this done. And this is coming from a guy who thinks Leake is pretty underrated.

The Rockies and Reds have engaged in preliminary trade talks about Dexter Fowler, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. Cincinnati could trade players from its MLB roster, but right-hander Homer Bailey will likely remain with the Reds, according to Rosenthal.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...rOsqgwHckxQ.99

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    I think the third player would have to be quite a bit better than Soto/Lotzkar to get this done. And this is coming from a guy who thinks Leake is pretty underrated.
    Then I pass. Again, Walt is in the driver's seat. And I think Leake is viewed as a solid 3/4 by any team lacking high-end SP talent. They can have one of Leake/Cingrani/Corcino, but not two. I'm not parting with Stephenson for Fowler either. Doubt the Rox would need Didi or HRod. So you offer the best B-/C+ guys in the system. Both if need be.

Turn Off Ads?