Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dee Gordon

Dee Gordon

Dodgers have said they are looking to trade Gordon and I have always liked the kid. It probly wouldn't take much to get him maybe a bullpen arm and a low prospect his speed with hamilton at the top of the order would be unreal. Cozart and Gegorious could be dealt in other deals. We could fill the CF and LF in two other moves say Upton and Crisp. then you have a lineup of

Gordon
    Crisp
    Votto
    Upton
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Phillips
    Hanigan

that is a championship lineup

Let the kids play!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dee Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    Dodgers have said they are looking to trade Gordon and I have always liked the kid. It probly wouldn't take much to get him maybe a bullpen arm and a low prospect his speed with hamilton at the top of the order would be unreal. Cozart and Gegorious could be dealt in other deals. We could fill the CF and LF in two other moves say Upton and Crisp. then you have a lineup of

Gordon
    Crisp
    Votto
    Upton
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Phillips
    Hanigan

Without regard to these names, my question is are you really batting Phillips in the 7-hole or is this just random?

phillips would bat 7th he hit better further down the lineup plus he would get alot of rbi's

Let the kids play!

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Dee Gordon is a prime example of why I think we should trade Billy Hamilton while his stock is high.

Code:
     BA      OPB     SLG     OPS
    .228	.280	.281	.561
    You want that leadoff? Looks like a young Willy Taveras.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Dee Gordon is a prime example of why I think we should trade Billy Hamilton while his stock is high.

Code:
     BA      OPB     SLG     OPS
    .228	.280	.281	.561
    You want that leadoff? Looks like a young Willy Taveras.
    He was a rookie. Not advocating to trade for him or to not trade for him. But I believe we should trade Billy Hamilton while his stock is high. As much as I like our prospects they are still just that, prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post

Gordon
    Crisp
    Votto
    Upton
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Phillips
    Hanigan

Wouldn't it make more sense to have BP 2nd with Crisp leading off and the career .228 Gordon hitting 7 or 8? Get the better hitter with the higher average and obp in front of Votto where he would get more pitches to hit and give Votto more chances to drive in runs. I am no manager...but that lineup has flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have BP 2nd with Crisp leading off and the career .228 Gordon hitting 7 or 8? Get the better hitter with the higher average and obp in front of Votto where he would get more pitches to hit and give Votto more chances to drive in runs. I am no manager...but that lineup has flaws.
    That lineup is perfect for Dusty. SS and CF go one-two. Catcher bats 8th, dude. Gordon is fast with a low OBP. Perfection.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post
    He was a rookie. Not advocating to trade for him or to not trade for him. But I believe we should trade Billy Hamilton while his stock is high. As much as I like our prospects they are still just that, prospects.
    Gordon played in 45 games the year before, so while still technically a rookie, his second season was much tougher. Pitchers had a better idea of his weaknesses.

With Hamilton, I really just don't see where he has proven that he can hit. Being fast is great, but he has a ton to prove, and from what I hear his fielding in center is not very desirable. I'd love to see him moved in a package for a true stud while his name is on everyone's lips. I think his value will never be higher than it is right now.

This is, in my mind, one of the absolute worst moves the Reds could make. Dee Gordon is the exact opposite of what we need. He's fast... and can do nothing else. He's has no power. He has no on-base skills. He plays terrible defense. He's bad on a Stubbs-esque level. Give him to Dusty and watch last season repeat itself all over again. I would hate this move so, soooooo much. Please, Walt... god...satan...anyone (Santa?)... Don't ever let something like this happen.

Trading assets at this point for a non-position of need when there are gaping holes elsewhere does not make sense for the Reds at this point, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Trading assets at this point for a non-position of need when there are gaping holes elsewhere does not make sense for the Reds at this point, IMO
    Agreed. Let's focus on the real problems. Dee Gordon makes less than zero sense for the Reds at this point in time.

Turn Off Ads?