Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shane Shane Shane

Shane Shane Shane

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...victorino.html

Victorino has multiple three-year offers on the table, and even a four-year offer, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sport.
    Victorino is believed to be seeking a three-year deal worth about $10MM annually, says Laube.
    The Indians were one of seven teams said to be interested in Victorino as of last Monday, though their interest wasn't classified as any more serious than the other clubs' at that point. The Rangers, Yankees, Giants, Rays, Red Sox and Reds were the other teams mentioned as potential suitors, with Jon Heyman of CBS Sports noting that multiple clubs were willing to offer three years.
    And the Benjamins flowed like wine. I'd pass at those terms.
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-03-2012 at 01:38 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shane Shane Shane

id be willin to give 3 yrs but not at 10m per. Pass. I do worry that overpaying broxton will cost us decent OF upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    id be willin to give 3 yrs but not at 10m per. Pass. I do worry that overpaying broxton will cost us decent OF upgrade.
    I'm not a Victorino fan to begin with, so 10m/year seems crazy to me. I just don't think he has anything left in the tank. Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong.

As for Broxton, at least we didn't pay him by the pound.

These guys are getting paid this year.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...gel-pagan.html

Angel Pagan stays in the Bay Area by re-upping with the Giants. 4-years, 40 million.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...gel-pagan.html

Angel Pagan stays in the Bay Area by re-upping with the Giants. 4-years, 40 million.
    This is not good news for the market as it relates to the Reds. Another CF need is filled but this overpay, combined with the fact that Victorino and Bourn can use Pagan as a comparable player is not good. It would really take the market drying up now to make either of them affordable for the Reds.

With Hamilton being as close to the show as he appears to be, I don't see any big name FA CF signing with us because of the lack of assured playing time past this season.

If we didn't have Hamilton knocking on the door, I think we already have a CF signed and ready to go.

$10 million for 3 years? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....next

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    I share that concern. Losing Ludwick and staying on the Stubbs K-Express could mean many fewer games to save in the first place.

I think with the Nationals trading for Span, BUpton going to the Braves for a ridiculous amount of money, and Pagan re-signing with the Giants is good for the Redlegs. The Phillies are the only team really needing a CF and they will over pay for one either in trade terms with Fowler or in $$ with Bourn / Victorino. Personally, I think this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post
    I think with the Nationals trading for Span, BUpton going to the Braves for a ridiculous amount of money, and Pagan re-signing with the Giants is good for the Redlegs. The Phillies are the only team really needing a CF and they will over pay for one either in trade terms with Fowler or in $$ with Bourn / Victorino. Personally, I think this is a good thing.
    Are you thinking that because of the ridiculous deals for Upton and Pagan that Victorino and Bourn will be asking for too much and eventually settle for 1 year deals to try again next season?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Are you thinking that because of the ridiculous deals for Upton and Pagan that Victorino and Bourn will be asking for too much and eventually settle for 1 year deals to try again next season?
    I think the TV money is causing salaries to go up and these may not be ridiculous deals when we look back on things. You would have to think that if the Reds could shell out around 300 million last winter that the other teams have money to spend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    If the rumors are true there are a lot of teams interested in Victorino. MLBtraderumors has it that the Red Sox are comfortable with a three-year deal for Victorino. With all that interest he will likely get nearly what he wants. If I were in Victorino's shoes I wouldn't roll the dice on a one-year pact. Not at his age.

He has 3 and 4 year deal offers but it obviously isn't they money he wants. My guess is he has offers in 3/$25M range.

Victorino is, to me, easily the least attractive "upgrade" option for CF/LF and leadoff. Which would be all good and fine if he'd come with a deal proportionate to the player I personally view him as.

But 3/$30? You gotta be kitten me.
    Last edited by Larkin88; 12-03-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Turn Off Ads?