Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick Contract Offer/ Ludwick has deal with the Reds.

Re: Ludwick Contract Offer

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    With Victorino getting 3/37.5, I wonder if Ludwick may be more like 2/22 with that 12/2 option.
    Hate to keep beating a dead horse, but who would you rather have:

Victorino for 3/38
    Ludwick for 2/22
    J.Upton for 3/37

I'd happily trade the prospects for Upton's contract out of that lot.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Victorino for 3/38
    Ludwick for 2/22
    J.Upton for 3/37

I guess it would depend on the prospects required.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Victorino for 3/38
    Ludwick for 2/22
    J.Upton for 3/37

Ludwick. I want absolutely nothing to do with Upton.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

With these new crazy contracts, I think young cheap players are becoming infinitely more valuable. And I really don't trust Upton going forward. Too much like his brother

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    I think it will be less than $10M per. The main thing separating them may be the number of years. Luddy wants three the Reds are offering two. Just make it two with an option. Then go rent Ellsbury for a year from the Red Sox.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Mark Sheldon is so freakin' clueless. Last year, he was last to report on everything. (Latos trade, Ludwick signing, Madson signing.) You would think someone from "MLB.com" would have better connections. He has about as much of an idea of what is going to happen as you and me.

Sheldon's latest is this gem:

"@m_sheldon: Hearing that Ludwick rumor on being close to signing with #reds not so true."

Translation: Look for Ludwick to sign with Reds soon. Another case of Sheldon being clueless.

Hilarious. After being called out on Twitter, Sheldon just responded with this:

"@m_sheldon Addendum: I still expect Ludwick and #reds to get something done. As Jocketty said earlier, sides not far apart."

At least he's finally on board with reality.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Hilarious. After being called out on Twitter, Sheldon just responded with this:

"@m_sheldon Addendum: I still expect Ludwick and #reds to get something done. As Jocketty said earlier, sides not far apart."

At least he's finally on board with reality.
    You have to realize that Mark Sheldon and John Fay are beat writers.

They do not report on something until the Reds make things official. They do not rely on their sources to give them information, but instead waits for something to come from their email.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

They do not report on something until the Reds make things official. They do not rely on their sources to give them information, but instead waits for something to come from their email.
    Sheldon works for the man. He doesn't throw us many bones in terms of rumors.

Fay, as a true beat writer does try to get and report info from his secret sources. Try being the key word there.

Be that all as it may, Sheldon and Fay are on different ends of the journalism spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I think it will be less than $10M per. The main thing separating them may be the number of years. Luddy wants three the Reds are offering two. Just make it two with an option. Then go rent Ellsbury for a year from the Red Sox.
    I read the Mets were only going 2 years at 6-7 million a year. Kind of surprised Ludwick's slipping so under the radar in a year where Victorino and Pagan have raked in a total of 79 million dollars worth of contract.

You can do both as a reporter my friend. You can report the facts and the facts alone in certain stories. Then in other stories, you can quote sources and use your inside information to craft a piece. You do realize this is how it works for the vast majority of beat writers, correct?

I loved Ludwick last year. He's a good dude. I just hope last year wasn't a fluke one year carpet ride. He's not a spring chicken. Can he sustain that success for the next few years and continue to give us the big righty bat we need in the middle of the lineup? I don't think it's a bad risk to take, but I have my doubts as to whether the Ludwick we got the last half of last year is the one we get going forward.

RT @Jim_Duquette: Ryan Ludwick deal with Cincinnati is likely 2 @ 14 mil.
    If that's accurate and the deal is done, it's a good one for the Reds.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

If that's accurate, I'll do a jig. I thought to get him at $7m per year, it'd take 3 years for certain. And in that case, it isn't the money I was gonna have an issue with, it was the extra year.

I'd still really like to see us pursue another significant OF, one who can cover CF. Not just as insurance against Hamilton being a flop, and not just because it'd be a CF who is not-Stubbs. But because I think if you have Ludwick out there as your LF, you now need something other than a standard "fourth OF" just because last year seemed to show that Ludwick benefited from getting 1 or 2 days off per week. In the specific case of 2013, Stubbs is actually perfect as that "third-and-a-half" OF, if we can get a guy like Fowler or Crisp who has 2 or fewer years of control left to be the everyday-ish CF, while playing some in LF.

Then again, that's all putting the cart ahead of the horse, since the operative words here are "if that's accurate."

Rick
    Last edited by FlightRick; 12-05-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Turn Off Ads?