Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Centerfield 2013

Re: Centerfield 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The asking price for Fowler was reportedly Minor and either Teheran or Delgado.

That is akin to Leake and Cingrani. Unless Pomeranz is coming back also, I'd pass.
    Important to note that so far no one seems interested in paying that price.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I think the Gomes-Napoli-Ross signings were primarily about character. They like the RH power, I know, but my sense is that they're desperate to get rah-rah blue collar guys, and Stubbs doesn't fit there, either. Problem with Bradley is that he'll be ready while they would still control Stubbs for a couple years. I really think the Sox would want to maximize the pitching return for Ellsbury, or get a legit catching prospect.
    I think the Sox think those moves are about character or market value or flex retention or an appreciation for their Strat cards (Dave Ross is Strat magic). Yet deep down in their collective subconscious it's RH power - sweet, sweet RH power. Wouldn't be surprised if some folks in the Boston front office were kicking around stopping Victorino from switch hitting: "But look at all the power he's got when he hits right-handed!"

The sad thing is it will never fill the void that Manny left.

As for Bradley, I think he might experience some growing pains in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Important to note that so far no one seems interested in paying that price.
    The only other thing I can mention is that they wanted like 4 top prospects for Jiminez and settled for 2.

Pagan with Giants, Revere to Phils, Span to the Nationals, Upton to the Braves.

Ryan Madson like 1 year deal for Michael Bourn? Make it happen Walt!
    Last edited by Homer Bailey; 12-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post

Ryan Madson like 1 year deal for Michael Bourne? Make it happen Walt!
    Interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post

Ryan Madson like 1 year deal for Michael Bourn? Make it happen Walt!
    Very interesting idea...and I'm not a big Bourn guy.
    Go BLUE!!!

I'd figure the only teams still in on Bourn are Seattle, Chicago Cubs, and Texas.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd figure the only teams still in on Bourn are Seattle, Chicago Cubs, and Texas.
    If, as expected, Texas gets Upton and Seattle gets Hamilton, then its us and the Cubs.

Maybe Walt really takes a gamble, calls up Theo and offers him Stubbs for something (they were already discussing Stubbs at the trade deadline), and Bourn has no alternative other than to take the Reds on a 1 year deal- kind of like what happened to Madson last year.

Yes there are a lot of ifs and buts, but still...
    Go BLUE!!!

If, as expected, Texas gets Upton and Seattle gets Hamilton, then its us and the Cubs.

Maybe Walt really takes a gamble, calls up Theo and offers him Stubbs for something (they were already discussing Stubbs at the trade deadline), and Bourn has no alternative other than to take the Reds on a 1 year deal- kind of like what happened to Madson last year.

Yes there are a lot of ifs and buts, but still...
    Even if that is the case, Bourn would have a dilema. The cubs can offer more money, and probably more years, however, they anywhere from a couple of season to a century away from competing for anything. The Reds offer him a shot at at the playoffs, if not the World Series.

would 1 year, @ 8 mil and a chance to re-enter the market next year trump 4 years @ 8 mil and maybe a shot at the playoffs in 3 or 4 seasons, or more likely a trade to somewhere else before all is said & done. He played on 1 or 2 poor Astros teams, so he knows what playing thru the dog days of August w/ no hope at the postseason looks like. Is he willing to trade a long term deal for a 1 year deal and better potential of playing meaningful games w/ football teams break camp?

The OF market is getting downright fascinating.

Are the Cubs really going to be buyers? They're deep in OF prospects and their top short- and long-term need is pitching.

Is Seattle a factor for anyone but Hamilton? They need some boom boom and I doubt they're trading any potentially meaningful prospects.

Is Texas really after any OFs outside of Upton? Also, if Texas got a CF, would Leonys Martin become available?

Does Walt Jocketty get a daily phone call from Billy Beane in which Beane says, "Dude, I will give you Coco Crisp. I can even drive him over to your house."?

I'm not sure what the Cubs and Epstein are planning, I just know that they've been linked to Bourn and certainly haven't been shy in the past about throwing massive amounts of money at guys.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Yes, definitely a fascinating market. When I think about it, I actually like the Reds' position here. Hamilton is a year away, and they have Stubbs/Heisey. They don't have to do anything, much less overpay. They've got some pitching surplus. It's a good position to be in.

Love the idea of Bourn on a one-year deal. Thing is, there will be teams willing to throw big money at him (and I don't think that was the case with Madson last year). I'm thinking the Cubs and the Rangers (even with Greinke) and the Mystery Team. Teams are dripping money these days.

Many options out there still, I figure. Reds can always pry Colby Rasmus or Bonifacio from the Blue Jays for not much, I figure. Or Crisp. Or De Aza. Or DeJesus. Or....

I have a man-crush on De Aza, mostly because he was awesome for my Strat team.

Here is an ESPN take on the market for Bourn
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...de-leave-bourn

2. Reds: The Reds still have Drew Stubbs and are also looking to fill left field (maybe bringing back Ryan Ludwick). Bourn makes sense for them because they need a leadoff hitter, but the $75 million price tag would still be steep. I see the Reds getting in this only if the market for Bourn collapses.

Sorry

Pocket post
    Last edited by westofyou; 12-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Turn Off Ads?