Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ludwick offer

Re: Ludwick offer

Ludwick wants to be here and will be here unless someone gets wild with money and makes him a contract offer he can't turn down.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This kind of reminds me of the Cordero offer the Reds had on the table last offseason as Cordero was holding out for a better offer and we all know what happened. The Reds smartly decided to move on. Do the Reds only give Luckwick the same small window of deciding on their offer? I thought this deal would be wrapped up last evening so I am starting to feel like the longer this goes on the Reds may decide to move in a different direction. I like Ludwick but have the same trepidation others have regarding his age and his inconsistencies over the past several years.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I hope it's not in the Shane Victorino ballpark. (3/37.5)

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#ah2LFo2O1zLz6gG9.99
    I doubt even close, Walt said the numebrs for Shane were way more than they could do
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

2 years 8-10 million per year with an option for a third would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    2 years 8-10 million per year with an option for a third would be my guess.
    Sounds about right to me.

I think that Ludwick would take a more than a little less money to stay with the Reds. He would be crazy to go to a pitcher's park like Safeco or Citi Field after what happened to him in San Diego. He is the type of hitter that has a hard time getting out of slumps and needs to play his home games in a stadium that helps players stay out of slumps.

I think he is just using the Mets and the Mariners for leverage.

sounds like there might be a salary game going on :Ludwick probably showed Walt what other teams are offering.

WEDNESDAY, 4:25pm: The Reds are "still a little ways apart" with Ludwick, GM Walt Jocketty told MLB.com's Mark Sheldon.

I'm wondering if someone jumped in late with a better offer. If the reports were true, it was all but done and now they "are a ways apart"? I would hope that after the Reds took a chance on him and he was able to resurrect his career that he's not jerking them around in salary negotiations. He has a right to do whatever he wants, this is America after all, but it would just be poor taste, IMO

This is what's happening...

Jonny Gomes signed for 2 years at 5 Million per year.

Ludwick's price went up.

Shane Vicorino signed for 3 years at 13 Million per year.

Ludwick's price went up.

Just say no...

Unless it's 2 years/14 Million Total.

Miscellaneous Tweetage. FWIW.

Manuel said he thinks the Phillies need to add a veteran corner outfielder. Said a guy like Cody Ross or Ryan Ludwick would make them better.
    #SFGiants want RH OF bat and had 2-year deal set up with Ryan Ludwick before Scutaro tapped them out.
    Sources tell me Ryan Ludwick is interested in what the #Indians have to say; still waiting to hear from them though.

Having no one on base for Votto and no one behind him to protect him at cleanup would be a disaster. Signing Ludwick and getting OBP at the top of the order is a must. If Walt doesn't accomplish that, they might as well have taken the money Votto gets this season and flush it down the toilet. You can't let other teams take the bat out of an MVP calibre player's hands and that's exactly what is going to happen if they don't get something done.

I hope Walt holds firm and doesn't overpay. I like RL and hope he's a Red but his production is certainly not guaranteed.

I know the argument is overplayed and it doesn't really exist anymore in professional sports, but where's the sense from Ludwick that this is a team on the cusp of winning big and he wants to be part of it? I know all's fair in love and negotiating but if they're not more than a million off shouldn't that play into it some for him? Does he think he's getting more years because if so he's smokin' crack.

I want Ludwick back almost regardless of price. There really isn't anything out there you can get with the money you'd spend on him that would have the same kind of impact as bringing him back.

I don't want to turn him down and then either spend the money just to spend it or keep it and have a lower payroll. He's a pretty key component to the offense.

The Reds' two-year offer to left fielder Ryan Ludwick remains on the table, reports
    MLB.com's Mark Sheldon. According to GM Walt Jocketty, "The agent said he spoke to Ryan last night and he’s still contemplating some things I guess." Ludwick could get as much as $3MM more over two years elsewhere, tweets John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, which explains why he's taking his time.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#jJhAVwCvi50222lA.99

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Reds' two-year offer to left fielder Ryan Ludwick remains on the table, reports

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#jJhAVwCvi50222lA.99
    His buddy Latos plays for the Reds. So why this is taking as long as it has is beyond me. The fact that teams are interested in him is great.. But who will give him playing time and a chance to win? If money is what he wants then take the said 3 Million extra annually. But don't say you want to stay here and then drag your feet. The organization wants you here, and you want to be here.. They should not be far apart then. Ludwick signed a contract last year and declined the option that would pay him 5 Million. So why not a 2 Year 16 Million dollar deal with year one being 7 and 2014 is 9 million?

I'm not a huge fan of the idea as I'd prefer a better option then a player who had one good season after quite frankly falling off the face of the baseball earth. But if the Reds are confident he can repeat an become a solid #4 hitter between Votto and Bruce.. So be it.

Turn Off Ads?