Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ludwick offer

Ludwick offer

An offer has been placed on the table for Ryan Ludwick. A decision might be made as soon as today. I have read in other places that both the Braves, Mets and the Mariners are talking to Ludwick. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ryan_ludwick/

I have also read in a couple places that the Reds are looking for a LFer with an high OBP for the leadoff spot. That is not Ryan Ludwick.

I would like Ludwick back.

Meanwhile, Dave O'Brien of The Atlanta Journal Constitution says (on Twitter) the Braves have interest in free agent outfielders like Ryan Ludwick, Shane Victorino, and Cody Ross even after signing Upton.
    The Mariners have checked in on Ryan Ludwick, among other hitters, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.
    Meanwhile, the Mets have interest in the 34-year-old, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post.
    Both the Braves and Reds are trying to acquire a leadoff hitting left fielder, reports ESPN's Jim Bowden (on Twitter). Both teams had interest in Denard Span before he was traded to the Nationals.
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ludwick offer

i hope a fall back plan could be Cody Ross if Ludwick bolts..

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    i hope a fall back plan could be Cody Ross if Ludwick bolts..
    I like that idea.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I want Ludwick back, and would pass on Ross if Ludwick can't be re-signed.

Here is one big reason (given the Reds' vulnerability to RHP).

"The other thing working in Ludwick’s favor is that he has a big edge over Ross against right-handed pitchers. Ludwick hit .280/.340/.513 against righties in 2012, compared to .256/.308/.422 for Ross. Lifetime, Ludwick has an .811 OPS against righties and a .774 OPS against lefties. Ross has a .727 OPS against righties and a .928 OPS against lefties."

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-ryan-ludwick/

I'd like to have Ludwick back for sure and at 2/$13M I would be perfectly okay with it. But if the bidding starts getting into 3 guaranteed years at $8-9M annually, it's best to just let him go

TUESDAY, 4:12pm: "We're in the ballpark," Reds GM Walt Jocketty said of the team's offer to Ludwick. The team is now waiting on Ludwick and Jocketty expects resolution this week (John Fay reporting).
    I hope it's not in the Shane Victorino ballpark. (3/37.5)

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#ah2LFo2O1zLz6gG9.99

Ludwick is a winner, I was dead wrong about him, and I hope we resign him. But anyone who advocates replacing Ludwick with another right handed hitter, just doesn't get what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I hope it's not in the Shane Victorino ballpark. (3/37.5)

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#ah2LFo2O1zLz6gG9.99
    If it is, why not go for Swisher at $16-17M annually?

I think the Reds would absolutely have this done already if Ludwick was content with a two year deal. As it is, I think that's the Reds hope, but Luddy is probably wanting three years. Could see a two year deal with an option and buy-out for the third year being the compromise.

Something like 2/$18 with a $12-13 million option for 2015? I could live with that and feel like that's a reasonable "ballpark." Couldn't guess on the buyout clause, but probably a few million.

Probably wrong, but it's fun to guess.
    Last edited by Larkin88; 12-04-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: grammar

Ludwick is going to want at least $10 Million per year...

The Victorino Signing just made it that much more plausible for Ludwicks Salary Demands...

Pass on him and trade for Justin Upton... Money better spent, with Arizona wanting young pitching and a SS... The Reds got the talent...

Let's Roll with Upton... I hope Walt suprises us all with J-Up!

@jim_duquette

Hearing Ludwick is looking for 2 years and 7 mil per year. Perfect place for him is back in Cinci !

I'm down with that deal!
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

He would've already re-signed with the Reds if that were the case. You'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by HatchMo View Post
    @jim_duquette

Hearing Ludwick is looking for 2 years and 7 mil per year. Perfect place for him is back in Cinci !

I'm down with that deal!
    I don't buy it...too cheap considering the recent signings....but that's a bargain if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Ludwick is going to want at least $10 Million per year...

The Victorino Signing just made it that much more plausible for Ludwicks Salary Demands...

Pass on him and trade for Justin Upton... Money better spent, with Arizona wanting young pitching and a SS... The Reds got the talent...

Let's Roll with Upton... I hope Walt suprises us all with J-Up!
    Red Sox money does not set the market. All but 4 or 5 teams laugh at agents who try to compare money the Sox hand out with a salary their player deserves. If he wanted Red Sox money, he should have gone to the Red Sox. Of course it takes two to tango, and I don't think any of the traditional over payers are in on Ludwick. So Victorino money doesn't really carry over. It just proves once again the Red Sox front office is stupid with money.

9:59pm: Ludwick remains in discussions with the Reds and others, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. 9:32pm: Ludwick and the Reds are getting close on a deal, hears Yahoo's Jeff Passan.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#mVZ2BZUBgzCQkhWo.99

Meet the new left fielder; same as the old left fielder. Most likely.

Turn Off Ads?