Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB At Bat Premium: Classic Games

MLB At Bat Premium: Classic Games

I really should pay more attention. I just stumbled across something fantastic when messing around with the At Bat app on my iPad. There's a long list of classic games you can watch if you're an At Bat Premium subscriber. Just a couple of the many selections are Game 4 of the 1976 World Series and Game 4 of the 1990 World Series. Here's how you access the games:

At Bat Premium users will have the ability to stream and purchase classic games through iTunes.

Watching Classic Games
    1.Tap on the "MLB.TV" icon in the upper right
    2.Tap on the "Classics" heading
    3.Tap on the desired game
    Anyway, just a heads-up for those of you out there with the subscription who may not have known about this great feature. (I want to believe I'm not the only one who was in the dark on this.)
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB At Bat Premium: Classic Games

I also found it recently. Made my week.

You can also download podcasts of radio broadcasts of some classic games. Just go to the link below and click "MLB.Com's The Vault"

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/audio/podcast/

XM Satellite radio has a classic game on tonight The audio is not too great but interesting to listen to. (XM 89)

MLB Classic Game
    Saturday, February 16 ET 8:00 pm – 12:00 am FavsOctober 13, 1960. Game 7 of the World Series. Relive Bill Mazeroski's walk-off HR to lead the Pirates over the Yankees!

http://www.siriusxm.com/mlbnetworkradio
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

That app has quickly become the best thing MLB has ever done as far as media goes. It's a must-purchase every year, and (don't tell MLB) I'd gladly pay more than $15 for it.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I was so dissapointed in the app this past year. The audio did not work at all and I did not have the option to watch any live game despite an annual mlb.tv subscriber. My Droid X2 was not suitable for the app. I bought the app, yet the video or audio were not compatiblefor some reason. Granted, the X2 is not listed as one of the long list of compatible phones or tablets. Yet the Droid X was. I just hope they fix this for my X2 this year.

I had a droid last year and switched to an Iphone in the middle of the year. I personally never had a problem with getting audio or video from the app and found it to be the best app money could buy. Being able to get streaming live video of any game in the country at my fingertips was awesome and well worth the money.

I found the classic games as well a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed watching the 1990 world series Game 4 coverage. Allowed me to relive one of my oldest Reds memories in great quality.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Turn Off Ads?