Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacoby Ellsbury

Re: Jacoby Ellsbury

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post
    For those of us unlucky enough to have an AM radio at work, were any details shared? My eyebrow is raised.
    Basically just said that he has a good source claiming that the Reds and Red Sox are close to a deal. To add to the speculation, he mentioned that Stubbs was supposed to be on their show but the Reds decided to have them interview Mesoraco instead, suggesting that maybe Stubbs is part of the deal.

It's pure speculation at this point, but normally you can tell when Jones is bs-ing about something and this time he seemed to be pretty sincere about it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Basically just said that he has a good source claiming that the Reds and Red Sox are close to a deal. To add to the speculation, he mentioned that Stubbs was supposed to be on their show but the Reds decided to have them interview Mesoraco instead, suggesting that maybe Stubbs is part of the deal.

It's pure speculation at this point, but normally you can tell when Jones is bs-ing about something and this time he seemed to be pretty sincere about it.
    Thanks Jimbo. Interesting.

It would be great to get Ellsbury, obviously, but I can't see them wanting any part of Stubbs given the Victorino signing. Maybe Stubbs is a part of a different deal?

Totally unsubstantiated tweet from a Reds fan:

Two media sources (700 & 1160) are reporting Stubbs and Corcino to Boston for Ellsbury. #Reds

That sounds like a RedsZone trade proposal. I imagine Boston would be asking for the world for Ellsbury, even with his contract status.

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    That sounds like a RedsZone trade proposal. I imagine Boston would be asking for the world for Ellsbury, even with his contract status.
    I don't think the Sox will get a huge haul for Ellsbury.

- He is a one year rental so only contending teams will be interested and most contending teams already have good CF. The list of teams that will be seriously interested in Ellsbury is very short.

- He is coming off of an injury plagued season in which his offensive numbers were off.

That being said, I think it will take more than Stubbs (who BOS doesnt need) and Corcino.

A borderline top 50 pitching prospect who will be ready this season is a nice haul for Ellsbury... Considering his last 3 years have looked like this
    2010- injured
    2011- Should have been the mvp
    2012- injured and ineffective in his 300 at bats.

It is a fair deal both ways in my opinion. Ellsbury is exciting, but is far from a sure thing

One more thing I find kind of interesting- in 2000 with St. Louis Walt traded for a 29 year old left handed hitting CF who had flashed star potential in the past, coming off of an injury plagued season with one year left on his deal- sounds familiar to this eh?... And we all know how that worked out for the Cardinals...

Quote Originally Posted by americanoutlaw1 View Post
    One more thing I find kind of interesting- in 2000 with St. Louis Walt traded for a 29 year old left handed hitting CF who had flashed star potential in the past, coming off of an injury plagued season with one year left on his deal- sounds familiar to this eh?... And we all know how that worked out for the Cardinals...
    True true. But let's be honest... there's just no conceivable way the Reds can retain Ellsbury past this season. If Vic can get 40 million, Ellsbury's going to land an insane amount. I'd entertain Leake and some young arms, but Bailey would be a mistake, especially considering our ability to extend him.

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    True true. But let's be honest... there's just no conceivable way the Reds can retain Ellsbury past this season. If Vic can get 40 million, Ellsbury's going to land an insane amount. I'd entertain Leake and some young arms, but Bailey would be a mistake, especially considering our ability to extend him.
    Agree, and I am really just looking at him as a one year rental. no way would I trade Homer for him. I am a huge Homer believer and would have to be overwhelmed by a sure thing to move him

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

"No, that's not our intent," Cherington said. "We're expecting Jacoby to have a really good year in 2013 and be a huge part of what we're doing."
    Take that for what it's worth I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Take that for what it's worth I guess.
    That's why he signed Jonny Gomes and Shane Victorino and is still trying to sign Cody Ross...

More evidence to a Ellsbury Trade to the Reds:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...wednesday.html

GM Ben Cherington and manager John Farrell represented the Red Sox in their Monday night meeting with Hamilton, reports Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com.
    Now... Why would the Red Sox be meeting with Josh Hamilton if Jacoby Elllsbury isn't getting traded?

Very Interesting... Very Exciting!

As a fan it sucks but at the same time it's great that our GM plays everything close to the vest. The only thing that makes me believe it will happen is last year no one heard anything on the Latos trade. There were two people who said it was all but completed with no media outlets saying anything about a trade and within 24 hours we have our young stud pitcher to go behind Cueto. That's the only thing that makes me believe it.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

If this comes to fruition my pain from the 2012 post season might finally be alleviated.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?