Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacoby Ellsbury

Jacoby Ellsbury

Now that Victorino and Gomes has signed with Boston... and Cody Ross peobably signing with Boston...

The Red Sox will be looking to move Jacoby Ellsbury who could come back healthy and put up 2011 numbers...

I think this is a shrewd move and Ellsbury could be had for a song...

IMHO... Trade for Ellsbury and Trade your Prospects (Not Billy Hamilton) plus a SS for Justin Upton and you win the NL Pennant.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jacoby Ellsbury

Just trade some guys and prospects and whatever for Jacoby Ellsbury and Justin Upton! Come on Walt, it's so obvious! The NL is basically ours.

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    Just trade some guys and prospects and whatever for Jacoby Ellsbury and Justin Upton! Come on Walt, it's so obvious! The NL is basically ours.
    Number 1. Don't act like that.

Number 2. Denard Span got 1 prospect, and Ellsbury is a reclamation project with a higher salary. Will be a salary dump.

Number 3. Arizona is trading Justin Upton, and they want Andrelton Simmons ALONE from Atlanta... So if you offer Cozart, a GG Caliber SS with Pop and Cingrani along with Soto and some other prospects... This gets done...

Number 4. Get a Clue.

Adding Ellsbury and Upton to Votto, Phillips, Bruce and Fraizer would give the Reds one of the filthiest 1-6 in all of baseball. To snag both guys I would have to imagine Hamilton would be moved as Ellsbury would be the teams shortstop for the next 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dkamberi25 View Post
    Adding Ellsbury and Upton to Votto, Phillips, Bruce and Fraizer would give the Reds one of the filthiest 1-6 in all of baseball. To snag both guys I would have to imagine Hamilton would be moved as Ellsbury would be the teams shortstop for the next 3-5 years.
    you mean he would play CF right? Hamilton isnt going anywhere

Jacoby Ellsbury is the best fit of all the CF we could get IMO, when he's healthy he is a stud if we are going to part with pitching he's the guy to do it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    you mean he would play CF right? Hamilton isnt going anywhere
    Yea, thats a goof on my part meant CF.

While I understand the reluctance to part with Hamilton, if the Reds are targeting both Upton and Ellsbury in trades this offseason I would have to imagine Hamilton would be part of one of those deals. I don't envision a senario where we could get both those guys and not ship Hamilton because you know guys like Cueto, Latos, Phillips, Votto and Bruce aren't going to be involved.

Also with Ellsbury you have a guy who would be the teams CF for a good 3-5 years. Injuries are a concern, but if you make the moves, your banking on him being healthy. So even if you can keep Hamilton in aquiring Upton and Ellsbury, where does he play. As long as guys stay healthy you have Bruce/Ellsbury/Upton as your outfield for up to 5 years.

He's sort of injury prone, but even while playing hurt last year he didn't do that bad. Great fielder, can hit for average and power, quick, he's a great player. I'm not sure what the Red Sox are asking for though. How much would Walt be willing to part with to get him?

Quote Originally Posted by dkamberi25 View Post
    Yea, thats a goof on my part meant CF.

While I understand the reluctance to part with Hamilton, if the Reds are targeting both Upton and Ellsbury in trades this offseason I would have to imagine Hamilton would be part of one of those deals. I don't envision a senario where we could get both those guys and not ship Hamilton because you know guys like Cueto, Latos, Phillips, Votto and Bruce aren't going to be involved.

Also with Ellsbury you have a guy who would be the teams CF for a good 3-5 years. Injuries are a concern, but if you make the moves, your banking on him being healthy. So even if you can keep Hamilton in aquiring Upton and Ellsbury, where does he play. As long as guys stay healthy you have Bruce/Ellsbury/Upton as your outfield for up to 5 years.
    Ellsbury has 1 year before free agnecy and Upton has 3 years... Even though 5 years with that trio would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by americanoutlaw1 View Post
    Ellsbury has 1 year before free agnecy and Upton has 3 years... Even though 5 years with that trio would be nice.
    I was aware of Upton having 3 years left but did not know that Ellsbury only has one. That does change things some. But we also have Arroyo coming off the books the same year Ellsbury would become a FA, so we could use the Arroyo money on Ellsbury and with Upton in three years, if the budget is higher and we can fit him in great, if not than you can look to make some sort of deal at the deadline.

If you could get him for 1 solid player straight up, someone like Gregorius, Cingrani, Leake and a little filler I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Take it with a grain of salt, but Jones just said on WLW that he has a solid source who is claiming that the Reds are close to dealing for Ellsbury.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt, but Jones just said on WLW that he has a solid source who is claiming that the Reds are close to dealing for Ellsbury.
    He seems pretty jacked up about it... Don't know if it has any legs, but he clearly is acting like it is for real

For those of us unlucky enough to have an AM radio at work, were any details shared? My eyebrow is raised.

Turn Off Ads?