Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Five Trades I Make

Re: Five Trades I Make

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    My trade

Trevor Bauer for Didi.
    I would do that in a SECOND. Problem is, they're reportedly talking about a Bauer-A.Cabrera deal, so I doubt DiDi would be enough.

Now if we could get Cabrera from Cleveland for some combo of Leake/Corcino/Cingrani and flip him and something else to Arizona for Upton and Bauer, that would be interesting!
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

My trade

Trevor Bauer for Didi.
    I'd do that in a heartbeat. That's why Arizona wouldn't do it. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Obviously most if not all of these would be mutually exclusive. In this order:

1. Gregorius, Leake, Cingrani, and Lutz for Justin Upton
    2. Stubbs, Leake, and Lutz for Ellsbury
    3. Heisey, Corcino and Lotzkar for Choo
    4. Leake, Cingrani and Stubbs for Fowler
    5. Bailey and Stubbs for Fowler and Pomeranz

Now tell me which one(s) of these are wildly unrealistic/one-sided.
    I would probably do all of those except #5. I'd like Homer to stay a Red. A lot more excited about Upton, Choo or Fowler than I am about Ellsbury.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Obviously most if not all of these would be mutually exclusive. In this order:

1. Gregorius, Leake, Cingrani, and Lutz for Justin Upton
    2. Stubbs, Leake, and Lutz for Ellsbury
    3. Heisey, Corcino and Lotzkar for Choo
    4. Leake, Cingrani and Stubbs for Fowler
    5. Bailey and Stubbs for Fowler and Pomeranz

Now tell me which one(s) of these are wildly unrealistic/one-sided.
    Kind of interesting, but even after the Winter Meetings, all those potential trade targets are still available.

I'm guessing Upton ends up in Texas.
    Josh Hamilton ends up in Seattle, or a darkhorse might be the Yankees or Red Sox.
    Ellsbury? I think he stays put. I think the BoSox want too much for him.
    I haven't heard much about Choo, other than the Indians want too much for him considering he's a rental.

Fowler seems like the most obvious choice to be a Red since he's the only one we're hearing about. But then again, Walt plays things close to the vest, and maybe that's what he wants us to think, and something else for another target is brewing behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Kind of interesting, but even after the Winter Meetings, all those potential trade targets are still available.

I'm guessing Upton ends up in Texas.
    Josh Hamilton ends up in Seattle, or a darkhorse might be the Yankees or Red Sox.
    Ellsbury? I think he stays put. I think the BoSox want too much for him.
    I haven't heard much about Choo, other than the Indians want too much for him considering he's a rental.

Fowler seems like the most obvious choice to be a Red since he's the only one we're hearing about. But then again, Walt plays things close to the vest, and maybe that's what he wants us to think, and something else for another target is brewing behind the scenes.
    With Ludwick re-signing, Upton and Choo are out.

Question now becomes Ellsbury or Fowler- with the two other options being a trade for a lesser/platoon CF like DeJesus or de Aza; or the Madson-like one-year signing of Bourn.

Personally, I'd recalibrate these proposals like this (five trades I make now):

1. Leake, Stubbs and Barnhart for Fowler
    2. Corcino and Stubbs for Ellsbury
    3. Lotzkar and LaMarre for de Aza
    4. Lotzkar and LaMarre for DeJesus
    5. Sign Bourn (somewhat of a trade because we'd have to forfeit a pick, although we'd likely recoup a pick next year when he walks)
    Go BLUE!!!

So I proposed Heisey, Corcino & Lotzkar for Choo in the OP of this thread a week ago today.

Would you rather trade that or Stubbs & Gregorius?
    Go BLUE!!!

So I proposed Heisey, Corcino & Lotzkar for Choo in the OP of this thread a week ago today.

Would you rather trade that or Stubbs & Gregorius?
    Heck yes. In a heartbeat. I don't want to give up any of our pitching depth.

My trade

Trevor Bauer for Didi.
    The DBacks just did it -- except to the Indians!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Today's deal sets up the 25-man pretty well for this season. Id' kie to see them take some of the surplus and bolster the organization for the future now. I'd particularly like to see them target a young corner OF and or 3B.

(As I said in the trade thread) I personally would offer the Red Sox Mike Leake for Bryce Brentz and I'd be willing to widen the deal a little if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    The DBacks just did it -- except to the Indians!
    In the history of Redszone, is that the closest we have ever had to a trade prediction?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

LoganBuck, I believe you are the clear leader in the clubhouse. That's amazing.

Turn Off Ads?