Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Bourn

Re: Michael Bourn

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    I don't know why everyone thinks Bourn is a superstar. He stuck out almost as many times as Drew Stubbs last year. Stubbs 166 K's; Bourn 155 K's. We've lost out on Span and Revere who I'd much rather have for much less $$.
    Compared to Drew Stubbs he is Babe Ruth..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Compared to Drew Stubbs he is Babe Ruth..
    To be fair, even the bat boy compared to Drew Stubbs is babe ruth

I personally think Micheal Bourne could end up our way.

Upton goes to Texas
    Hamilton goes to Seattle.

Don't know that many teams that still need a CF...it might be possible for a 1-2 year deal, though judging by the fact he wants a 80-100 Mill contract, I'm guessing that won't happen.

Gotta love Walt - the roster he has slowly built allows him to sit back and wait until the dominoes fall. His team could use a major upgrade at CF, but they don't necessarily need more than a minor tweak. LF needs addressed as well, but it will be on his terms. Even if Ludwick takes a bigger deal elsewhere, Walt has enough in-demand prospects to find get what this team needs.

A one-year Madson-like contract is ideal for this team, and Bourn is the perfect guy for the 2013 roster. He's what we hope Billy Hamilton can become. He'd be playing in another contract year. The perfect speedy, defensive-minded, one-year bridge to Billy. I thought it would be a guy like Victorino who would fall through the cracks. Maybe Swisher. And it might take $12 MM to make it work. But if I'm Bourn and I have the choice between 5 years in Seattle at $10 MM/per, or a chance to make a big splash in the Cincinnati lineup, I know where I'd go.

And if Bourn does end up in Seattle, Milwaukee, wherever - go get Crisp.

Bourn taking a one or two year deal with the reds would be a best case scenario for the Reds if the price is right. The market has definitely left both the reds and Bourn in a bind, but I still find it hard to believe a deal would actually get done between the two.

My guess is that after a few weeks, some team will shell out a 4 or 5 year deal to Bourn for 50-60M. Potentially Texas, Seattle, Boston, Dodgers, Giants in my eyes. Bourn is consistently an elite defensive CF'er, gets on base at a .350 clip and can steal 40 bags a year. He is a valuable commodity who will get his.

While I would love to see this deal get done, I would bet the Reds have a severe outside chance to get Bourn in a Reds uniform in 2013.

Hate to lose the Draft Pick but I too would offer Bourn a 1 year deal with a mutual option... Ya never know... Bourn might like winning a World Series Championship! But with Ludwick towing LF for the next two years, you can see CF being Hamilton's in 2014...

But yeah, go all in for Bourn on a 1 fer, and then if you have to, trade Ludwick in Winter 2013 and sign Bourn long-term and Hamilton starts in LF...

Like, St. Louis Cardinals Circa 1985 with Wille McGee and Vince Coleman!

Turn Off Ads?