• Jacoby Ellsbury

6 15.00%
  • Other

10 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds CFer In 2013?

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Reds CFer In 2013?

Who are you pulling for as the Reds to place in CF in 2013?

Options I've heard are; Drew Stubbs, Dexter Fowler, Michael Bourn, and Jacoby Ellsbury. You can also include your own by selecting other.
    Last edited by OneManBand; 12-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds CFer In 2013?

If I had to put money on it, I'd guess they will add someone, but that it won't be any of the guys listed here. Maybe just someone to platoon with Stubbs. I guess I'll cast my vote for "other."

At this point, I'll guess Fowler. Though with Walt's history, it'll likely be someone we don't see coming.

I think Drew Special K Stubbs will be out there on Opening Day.

Let's trade Stubbs to the Cubs for Dave Sappelt back, and then platoon Sappelt and Xavier Paul. Crazier things have worked.

I voted before I actually read the topic, whoops. I think it will be stubbs, I'm pulling for Fowler I guess (if the price isn't too insane).

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Stubbs -- yeah I'm depressed about it
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Who I am pulling for and who it will be are two different things. I think many are voting for who they think will be the CF.

Other. I can't see us sticking with Stubbs as an everyday starter after last season, but I don't see Jocketty willing to shell out any CF contract of length to a guy who would just be blocking Hamilton or trade away from our relatively weak farm system. If there were somebody we could find for a 1 or 2-year deal, it would be the best solution.

Other: I vote for either DeJesus or more preferably Gerardo Parra so as to help play platoon advantage games assuming Stubbsy sticks around.

This assuming a larger deal isn't more attainable. Fowler would be pretty slick as would anyone on that list.
    Last edited by Larkin88; 12-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.

If De Aza is really on the table, then he would be great. For all those who wanted Span and Bourne- this guy is cut from the same cloth

First Post here! I can't see the Reds adding any payroll. What would it take to trade for Eric Young, Jr. of COL or Craig Gentry of TEX? Either could lead-off & platoon with Stubbs if necessary.

Young is mildly intriguing, but I wouldn't part with anything significant for him. Colorado seems to place quite a bit more value on their players than the rest of the league does (Fowler, Ubaldo, Cuddyer etc). That said, I think he could at the very least be a huge upgrade to Valdez with the opportunity to play a larger role

Stubbs. I see the Reds bringing back Ludwick and then being up against the payroll limit. I could see them bringing in a cheap LH option to platoon with him, though.

I want anybody but him out there, but since he is Walt's and Dusty's poster boy, sad to say, it will be Mr. 3000 K's.

Turn Off Ads?