Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NASA scientists theorizing about warp drive

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

NASA scientists theorizing about warp drive

The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NASA scientists theorizing about warp drive

ehhh.... wake me when the figure out how to go plaid

seriously, interesting article, fun to dream about sending out a bunch of telescopes that distance and gaving even futher into space, or in more detail to the space we can see today. which I guess brings me to my next question, could we even communicate w/ a device so far removed from earth? Could someone/something get there, but have no way to let us know what they found?

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    ehhh.... wake me when the figure out how to go plaid

seriously, interesting article, fun to dream about sending out a bunch of telescopes that distance and gaving even futher into space, or in more detail to the space we can see today. which I guess brings me to my next question, could we even communicate w/ a device so far removed from earth? Could someone/something get there, but have no way to let us know what they found?

I was thinking that if they could use way less energy to get there then it would not be a one-way trip. Maybe it still would be. All that is beyond me.
    Would two tin cans and a really long piece of string be out of the question?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I was thinking that if they could use way less energy to get there then it would not be a one-way trip. Maybe it still would be. All that is beyond me.
    Would two tin cans and a really long piece of string be out of the question?
    I think you just solved two problems. Use the two cans to communicate back and forth, tug on the string to real them back in. Brilliant!

Mods, can we close this thread, the issue has been resolved
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Don't they need to discover Impulse Power first?

Kirk: Scotty, I need warp speed in three minutes or we're all dead!

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

But Zephram Cochrane is probably only a little boy right now. How can this be?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Don't they need to discover Impulse Power first?

Kirk: Scotty, I need warp speed in three minutes or we're all dead!

Make it so #1.

Picard Rocks, Kirk sucks :P
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    But Zephram Cochrane is probably only a little boy right now. How can this be?
    The Borg brought the older Cochran back to this time.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Turn Off Ads?