Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will emerge this year to join Robert Stephenson as the next Reds elite prospect?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nick Travieso

2 3.57%
  • Jesse Winker

25 44.64%
  • Tanner Rahier

7 12.50%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

3 5.36%
  • Ismael Guillon

3 5.36%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

8 14.29%
  • Other (please list below)

8 14.29%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Breakout Prospect of the Year

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Breakout Prospect of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Same guy as I suggested last year...Chad Rogers. Not sure why he is not getting his due credit. Donald Lutz is a good call too. I have not seem him yet but many say that Sal Romano could really come on, although it may take him a while to get there.

Selsky will be an interesting player to watch this season in light of his exceptional second half in a great hitter's environment. He is a good all-around ballplayer but not exceptional in any area. Comparisons to Heisey as a hitter may be valid but I do not think they are similar players defensively. Selsky has solid but not exceptional baseball skills in the outfield but he is nowhere near as athletic as Heisey. Not even close.
    I had Rogers in my Top 15 prospects, so I am on board that train, so to speak. Needs a third pitch, but the two he has are ones I really like, even as a starter.

Not so sure with Lutz. Still really aggressive at the plate. Still needs some work in left. If he can't play left, he can't hit enough to be a first baseman.

I am also on the Romano train. I really liked the little bit I had a chance to see of him this year. I don't think this will be his breakout year, but I think he could be someone to really talk about one day.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm keeping my eye on Seth Brean.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'm keeping my eye on Seth Brean.
    Also a good one. There is another guy that I have on my "could vault 20-30 places up my personal list in 2013" that isn't mentioned yet in here.

NL Central champs

I voted Rahier, but I agree with Vottomatic that Seth Mejias-Brean is a good candidate to breakout.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

In terms of the poll, I wanted to vote for 2 - Winker and Guillon.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    I voted Rahier, but I agree with Vottomatic that Seth Mejias-Brean is a good candidate to breakout.
    I went Rahier as well. I like the kids tools before the draft and still do. I'm hoping he can put it together this year.

Turn Off Ads?