Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds to sign ryan ludwick

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds to sign ryan ludwick

Nice.... now go get a leadoff/CF (Fowler?).

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Update: 2 years/$15MM
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Update: 2 years/$15MM
    Fay was reporting 2 with a mutual option for 3rd but didn't know the dollar amount. I wonder if that 3rd year buyout is built into that $15M or if it would be above and beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Fay was reporting 2 with a mutual option for 3rd but didn't know the dollar amount. I wonder if that 3rd year buyout is built into that $15M or if it would be above and beyond that.
    I would be surprised if it was built in, honestly. I'm guessing that the mutual option will be above and beyond.

Sweeeeet. Hopefully he can duplicate last year's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post
    I would be surprised if it was built in, honestly. I'm guessing that the mutual option will be above and beyond.
    I know the option itself would be above and beyond but the buyout for the option is what I'm referring to.

For example if the contract is 2/$13M with an $8M option for a 3rd year with a $2M buyout if it's declined. So, no matter what you are paying him $15M, so 2 years, $15 Million guaranteed.

Or would it be 2/$15M with an $8M option for a 3rd year with a $2M buyout if declined. So, in essence, that contract would be 2 years, $17 Million guaranteed.

Awesome

This is just about what I expected and is a pretty fair deal for both sides. Now we just need to fix CF and pick up a couple of bench bats.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I know the option itself would be above and beyond but the buyout for the option is what I'm referring to.

For example if the contract is 2/$13M with an $8M option for a 3rd year with a $2M buyout if it's declined. So, no matter what you are paying him $15M, so 2 years, $15 Million guaranteed.

Or would it be 2/$15M with an $8M option for a 3rd year with a $2M buyout if declined. So, in essence, that contract would be 2 years, $17 Million guaranteed.
    Right, I'm guessing it's $6MM/$7MM, with an option for $8MM and a $2MM buyout. $15MM guaranteed. Good shot at getting value out of this deal.

Now get Fowler and Hannahan, maybe a lefty reliever, and that would be a perfect off-season for WJ.

Awesome news now get a CF/ leadoff hitter and this team is good to go because stubbs had his chance

It's a risky signing, but considering the money and lack of options, a smart one.

I'd also like to just casually point out that I MADE THIS EXACT TOPIC THREE HOURS BEFORE THIS ONE, RIGHT WHEN THE NEWS BROKE, AND THIS ONE HAS LITERALLY OVER 10X THE POSTS. Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    It's a risky signing, but considering the money and lack of options, a smart one.

I'd also like to just casually point out that I MADE THIS EXACT TOPIC THREE HOURS BEFORE THIS ONE, RIGHT WHEN THE NEWS BROKE, AND THIS ONE HAS LITERALLY OVER 10X THE POSTS. Ahem.
    That is because people think every thread you create is a mistake because below the title is says [deleted].

A wonderful xmas present. Ludstick is a winner. Lets start the season.

I guess I was wrong about Ludwick... I figured at this stage of his career and his age, that he would've taken the $18 Million over 2 years...

We gotta give Ryan credit for taking less to play in Cincinnati... Hopefully Dusty will stop tinkering with players and let Ludwick play 140 Games versus the 125 he played last year... Guy might have hit 30-35 Homers last year if it had not been for Scott Rolen playing, then being hurt then playing and Dusty trying to get Frazier in the Lineup when it should've been Frazier at 3B and Ludwick in LF... Now I understand when Votto went down but anyway...

Let's hop Ludwick gets 140 Starts and Hits 30 Homers.

Turn Off Ads?