Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who would you rather have?

Re: Who would you rather have?

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Crew View Post
    Fowler or De Asa? I wouldn't want Fowler at all. There are better options out there. Fowler strike out too much. How about these options:

Craig Gentry(TEX), Eric Young, Jr (COL), Michael Brantley (CLE) or Alejedro DeAsa (CWS)

All strike out about half as much as Stubbs - Brantley about 1/3
    All have decent batting average splits
    All are arbitration eligible this year or next
    All could bat lead-off

If you are into Defensive Wins Against Replacement,
    Gentry 1.9
    Young 0.5
    DeAsa 0.3
    Brantley 0.2

Stubbs is 0.5

One of these should be attainable!
    I agree these are some great options and all could be attainable. I personally think Brantley would be the perfect fit for our lead off role / CF if the Indians would let him go at a reasonable price. From rumors I have heard and read about, it seems like the Indians have been shopping Shin Shoo Choo around more than Brantley. While he is only a career .275 hitter, he adds another Lefty to our lineup and hits .300 against RHP.

He is under contract this year at league minimum and arbitration eligible through 2016. I think he could be the best option to improve our lineup depending on what we would have to spend to get him.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I bet it is neither and Ellsbury is acquired from Boston for Corcino, but If I was choosing between Fowler and de Aza, I would go with da Aza...
    I agree. Walt is slow playing the Red Sox.

The Winter meetings were not the right time to strike a deal for Ellsbury. It is better that Walt waits for the price to come down. I think there is a limited trade market for a 1 year rental of Ellsbury. There arent many contending teams that desperately need a CF. The Phillies and Nats were a fit until the Revere and Span deals. Now I'm not sure who the Reds are bidding against? The deal should be for Corcino and little else. That is a fair price.

Redleger13

Quote Originally Posted by craftylefty View Post
    Fowler or de Aza
    Matt Kemp
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

Turn Off Ads?