Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would you rather have?

Who would you rather have?

Fowler or de Aza

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who would you rather have?

De Aza...maybe? I don't know. Fowlers good personality wise, and puts up good numbers but I have a feeling it's take more to get him.

Plus i'm not sure how much Fowlers numbers are inflated from Coors in terms of triples and doubles, and the small power that he does have.

IDK. There both good, and I would be exceedingly satisfied with both.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    De Aza...maybe? I don't know. Fowlers good personality wise, and puts up good numbers but I have a feeling it's take more to get him.

Plus i'm not sure how much Fowlers numbers are inflated from Coors in terms of triples and doubles, and the small power that he does have.

IDK. There both good, and I would be exceedingly satisfied with both.
    i have a feeling we are going to sign david dejesus

That wouldn't a be an awful idea. De Jesus has great plate displine, and has a career .281 batting, and .355 OBP. An he has some speed still left in the tank as well.

The Reds need a 1 year bride to Hamilton..if you sign fowler, or De Aza, does that make Hamitlon expandable?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    That wouldn't a be an awful idea. De Jesus has great plate displine, and has a career .281 batting, and .355 OBP. An he has some speed still left in the tank as well.

The Reds need a 1 year bride to Hamilton..if you sign fowler, or De Aza, does that make Hamitlon expandable?
    they will sign or trade for someone for 1 year .....if they sign someone it will be dejesus if they trade it would probably be for someone like ellsbury

Ignoring price, Fowler.

Factoring in price, de Aza (I am assuming Fowler will cost more, but I could be wrong I guess).

DeJesus isn't a bad idea either. But doesn't he play LF mostly?

One other thing to consider is I think Fowler has a good enough bat to fit into LF if Hamilton pans out. With a good enough team a bopper in LF isn't as necessary as just having 8 good position players. De Aza on the other hand, I don't think he has the bat to put in LF. So when/if Hamilton is ready there would be a decision to make.

All that being said, I would still love it for the Reds to land de Aza. He would help the team as Hamilton seasons, and is good enough if BHam doesn't pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    Ignoring price, Fowler.

Factoring in price, de Aza (I am assuming Fowler will cost more, but I could be wrong I guess).

DeJesus isn't a bad idea either. But doesn't he play LF mostly?

One other thing to consider is I think Fowler has a good enough bat to fit into LF if Hamilton pans out. With a good enough team a bopper in LF isn't as necessary as just having 8 good position players. De Aza on the other hand, I don't think he has the bat to put in LF. So when/if Hamilton is ready there would be a decision to make.

All that being said, I would still love it for the Reds to land de Aza. He would help the team as Hamilton seasons, and is good enough if BHam doesn't pan out.
    As of right now who do you think we are the closes to signing or trading for

Quote Originally Posted by craftylefty View Post
    As of right now who do you think we are the closes to signing or trading for
    No idea man. If I had to guess Fowler, since there has been a Fowler rumor for several days, whereas I didn't see the de Aza rumor till today. That is all I really have to go off of.

[QUOTE=drowg14;2784446]No idea man. If I had to guess Fowler, since there has been a Fowler rumor for several days, whereas I didn't see the de Aza rumor till today. That is all I really have to go off of.[/QUOTE

Knowing Walt he will probably trade for someone know one is talking about .... My dark horse is Gerado Parra from Arizona

[QUOTE=craftylefty;2784447]
    Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    No idea man. If I had to guess Fowler, since there has been a Fowler rumor for several days, whereas I didn't see the de Aza rumor till today. That is all I really have to go off of.[/QUOTE

Knowing Walt he will probably trade for someone know one is talking about .... My dark horse is Gerado Parra from Arizona
    Parra would be good for a platoon partner for Stubbs I think. Not quite good enough for starting duty, but he can hit righties well enough, and Stubbs can hit lefties.

In all honesty i seriously doubt the reds make a trade and stubbs will be the cf in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by craftylefty View Post
    In all honesty i seriously doubt the reds make a trade and stubbs will be the cf in 2013
    Yea, I see that as a good possibility. But I'm trying to stay optimistic!

If you could have any of the guys mentioned who would you want

Either one over Drew Mendoza.

Dexter Fowler will be a red by sunday i have a feeling

Turn Off Ads?