Turn Off Ads?

Thread: David Price

David Price

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...k-catcher.html

The Rays continue “poking around” for a catcher, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter). They asked at least one team about the possibility of working on a three-way trade that would send Devin Mesoraco from Cincinnati to Tampa Bay.
    If the Rays are so high on Mesoraco, and are clearly looking at trading Price because of his Salary, especaially in the Wake of Longoria's extension...

Why not a Mesoraco/Cingrani + Low Level Prospects for David Price...

They want a Catcher, and then the Reds can Move Leake for a CF/Lead-Off or put him in the Bullpen as a Long-Man.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: David Price

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post

If the Rays are so high on Mesoraco, and are clearly looking at trading Price because of his Salary, especaially in the Wake of Longoria's extension...

They want a Catcher, and then the Reds can Move Leake for a CF/Lead-Off or put him in the Bullpen as a Long-Man.
    Too expensive. We cant add that much salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post

HELL, give them:

Mesoraco + Gregorious + Leake/Cingrani + Hamilton and get ready to print world series tickets.

Mesoraco + Cingrani + a low lvl prospect wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

But imagine, a rotation with:

Cueto
    Chapman
    Latos
    Price
    Bailey

Holy hell. That's a rotation FULL of aces, and would probably trump what the phillies had going with Lee, Hamels, and Halladay.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    HELL, give them:

Mesoraco + Gregorious + Leake/Cingrani + Hamilton and get ready to print world series tickets.

Mesoraco + Cingrani + a low lvl prospect wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

But imagine, a rotation with:

Cueto
    Chapman
    Latos
    Price
    Bailey

Holy hell. That's a rotation FULL of aces, and would probably trump what the phillies had going with Lee, Hamels, and Halladay.
    I like how ya think as long as Hamilton stays a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    Too expensive. We cant add that much salary.
    Trust me, they would FIND a way to afford Price if they had a real chance to get him. Any team would.

I like how most everyone here 'over-values' every other teams players, and 'under-values' the Reds. If a Mez + (1) of Lotzcar, Didi, or Corcino, + (1) of a low level prospect, if needed, can't get it done, then move along. If the Rays really want to trade Price, or really want Mez, then they'll bite....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    I like how most everyone here 'over-values' every other teams players, and 'under-values' the Reds. If a Mez + (1) of Lotzcar, Didi, or Corcino, + (1) of a low level prospect, if needed, can't get it done, then move along. If the Rays really want to trade Price, or really want Mez, then they'll bite....
    I would say that I see the opposite more often. People over valuing the Reds prospects. But Mes is one I do see undervalued on here quite a bit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    This is what I have been saying for years... 100% Agree!

I'm going to have to strongly disagree and say that people are severely underestimating what it would take to get Price. Mes + Lotzkar and a "lower prospect" is a joke. Look at what SD landed for Latos - the money is different, but Price's pedigree and talent would more than make up for it. If - or when - he's traded, he'll bring in a substantial amount, way beyond these suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    I'm going to have to strongly disagree and say that people are severely underestimating what it would take to get Price. Mes + Lotzkar and a "lower prospect" is a joke. Look at what SD landed for Latos - the money is different, but Price's pedigree and talent would more than make up for it. If - or when - he's traded, he'll bring in a substantial amount, way beyond these suggestions.
    I guess the fact that Tampa Bay "wants" Mesoraco... and I didn't say Lotzkar... But I think Mesoraco, Corcino, DiDi, & Soto is a compelling package.

There goes any chance of that 3 way trade. Price was just traded to Kansas City for Will Meyers and prospects according to Ken_Rosenthal on twitter. https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by nheath22 View Post
    There goes any chance of that 3 way trade. Price was just traded to Kansas City for Will Meyers and prospects according to Ken_Rosenthal on twitter. https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal
    that was James Shields. Price is still available
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Tre View Post
    that was James Shields. Price is still available
    You are right, that was my fault. Serves me right posting past my bedtime.

Price could still be dealt, but he may be more valuable to the Rays now that they did deal 2 of their potential starters for next year.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Turn Off Ads?