Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greinke to the Dodgers

Their spending leaves me completely speechless. Wow. How the hell can they think any of this is a good idea? Every year there is a team that does this, and they never win the whole thing.

I hope we can extend our young pitching and that these crazy extensions don't have them set on hitting free agency...but if I knew that type of money was a possibility, I don't know if I'd be able to help myself.

Right now the Dodgers rake in 25 times what the Reds do with their TV contract. The Reds are going to need a hell of a lot of help at the gate next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Salukifan2

Re: Greinke to the Dodgers

and 60 mil for Ryu? are you kidding? What makes everything so funny is that of all the money they have spent there are only a couple sure things.

1.) Adrian Gonzalez will get his. The man is amazing and that was a great acquistion

2.) Though he is being over paid by almost 10 mil zach greinke will get his 14-16 wins and have an era around 3.50.

After that, of all their recent acquisitions are major risks.

Re: Greinke to the Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Yeah, 31-11 the last two years isn't good. 70-43 the last 5 years including a 14 loss season with a terrible 65-97 Royals team in 2010.

Ya'll need to recognize talent.
    Last 3 years ERA 4.17, 3.83 and 3.48.

$25 million a year for a career 3.77 ERA....mmkay. Homer Bailey's stats were close to Greinke's last year and I bet you Homer Bailey has a better year than he does next year.

Turn Off Ads?