Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: James Shields and Wade Davis traded to Kansas City

Re: James Shields and Wade Davis traded to Kansas City

Wade Davis is going to the Royals to start make no mistake about it. The most similar player to him, according to baseball-reference.com, is Mike Leake. That's what he's going to be on the Royals, a #4/5 starter. And there are those out there who say he could get better. The Royals during this offseason took their most glaring weakness and made it into their strength. James Shields, Ervin Santana, Jeremy Guthrie, Wade Davis, and Bruce Chen/Luis Mendoza, that rotation can compete in the AL Central. And Shields, instead of pitching in the tough AL East, is moving to the AL Central where the Royals just finished 3rd with a staff that featured Luke Hochevar as their #2 starter. 2 proven Major League pitchers, one damn near elite at times, for players with much potential but little to no experience at the big league level. Good trade for both teams.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Trades are supposed to help both teams. I wish ESPN, etc. would stop trying to convince the public that it's about who took whom to the cleaners. Some of you know this already, but believe it or not, it's possible for both teams to win the same trade.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Trades are supposed to help both teams. I wish ESPN, etc. would stop trying to convince the public that it's about who took whom to the cleaners. Some of you know this already, but believe it or not, it's possible for both teams to win the same trade.
    The problem is when you get guys like Keith Law who are so black and white, cut and dry, you either won the trade or got annihilated and the GM should be fired. The problem is Law leans so far to one side of the spectrum that it clouds his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Excellent point.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Far to early to call that a win for the Reds.
    (Latos trade)
    IMO, the Reds have won their side of the Latos trade.
    It's still possible for the trade to be win-win though.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?