Turn Off Ads?

Thread: History buffs/majors?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    -The Insider-

History buffs/majors?

I am studying for a history final (the world since 1750) on Tuesday and we have these essay questions. He gave us the questions before hand to try and prepare and I thought I'd ask you guys for any help because you love me or feel bad for me or just bored on a Sunday night. Any help would be appreciated as history is not one of my strong suits. Thanks!

Group 1:
    1. Compare and contrast Communist China’s “Great Leap Forward,” with Stalin’s 1930s Collectivization and industrialization as to the means employed and the results within the five years of their termination.

2. In the late 18th Century, the American colonists threw off colonial rule with the aid of a liberal democratic ideology just as, in the 20th Century, the Vietnamese threw off colonial rule with the aid of Marxism-Leninism. What are the pros and cons of this comparison? Cite at least two features of Vietnam’s revolution to illustrate or demonstrate your answer.

Group 2:
    3. What were three key events in the ‘long decade’, 1979-1991, that transformed U.S. global commitments and power relations and how were they changed?

4. How would you explain the appeal of the anti-Israel issue in uniting Arabs and Muslims practically everywhere? What about their history explains their empathy for the plight of the Palestinians besides their common religious heritage?

Group 3:
    5. Why were policy makers in the U.S., by far the most powerful country in the world in 1945, so wary and fearful of war torn Soviet Russia?

6. What were the key conditions, both internal and external, that allowed Britain to undergo an industrial revolution first of all other countries?

7. Why would it be inaccurate to call the U.S. Republican Party “fascist?” Respond by drawing on your knowledge of interwar European Fascism
    Last edited by cinreds21; 12-10-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Turn Off Ads?