Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Rojos

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Los Rojos

I've discussed uniforms many times with Randy over the years; he's a traditionalist, that's all, and I know he will not be a happy man until the Reds are wearing these gorgeous beauties again:

Last edited by Always Red; 12-11-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    sorry we're boring

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I've discussed uniforms many times with Randy over the years; he's a traditionalist, that's all, and I know he will not be a happy man until the Reds are wearing these gorgeous beauties again:

Gorgeous is so right - my favorite as well.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

This has to be the worst thread in the history of RZ to reach 100 replies...

BTW, I just sent a general email to the Reds marketing department:

Karen Forgus, Reds' senior vice president of business operations, said "We saw the Brewers do this with Los Cervezeros,..." except that the Brewers only have Cervezeros on their jerseys. If it would be all possible it would be better to have only "Rojos" on the jerseys. The team is just "Reds" not "The Reds". I would assume that an major jersey order has already gone out and nothing will change - but maybe in the future just have "Rojos", and I'll buy one for sure!

Thanks!
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing.

BTW-Cueto had one of these jerseys on during the award presentations on the main stage at Redsfest and I thought it looked pretty sharp. I don't know if I'll buy one or not at this point (I only own one jersey and it's an older one with no name on it) but I think they're pretty cool looking overall.

"I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

For a Level Playing Field

Nah. I'd rank it at about ochenta y cinco (not Ocho Cinco!) for a thread with cien replies...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing.

BTW-Cueto had one of these jerseys on during the award presentations on the main stage at Redsfest and I thought it looked pretty sharp. I don't know if I'll buy one or not at this point (I only own one jersey and it's an older one with no name on it) but I think they're pretty cool looking overall.
    I'll probably buy a t-shirt with Chapman or Cueto on the back. The 2 authentic jerseys I have (1 Reds-customized, 1 Dragons) cost me nearly $300 - and I don't have that kind of money right now. I would love it if you could get a t-shirt with Perez or Concepcion number and name on the back and "Rojos" on the front (but with the BRM font)... how cool would that be? Probably could go to Koch's to see if they could whip something up.

I'll predict that it won't hit 200 because it'll be shut down pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I'll predict that it won't hit 200 because it'll be shut down pretty soon.
    Pretty weak if others allow that to happen because they can't restrain themselves

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I'm holding out until we get one in Canadian.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Let me get this straight.

We have four pages dedicated to Randy not liking a jersey and people mad at Randy for not liking the jersey.

So when do pitchers and catchers report?
    You've completely missed the point. It's not about "liking" or "not liking" the jersey. It's about implying in some way that the jersey is "unnecessary." Not sure how many times I can restate that basic fact. I have no problem with you not liking the jersey's looks. I do have a problem with people who want to claim that English-only jerseys should be the rule just because of "tradition."
    Last edited by RedEye; 12-11-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I do have a problem with people who want to claim that English-only jerseys should be the rule just because of "tradition."
    Yes, I share your outrage.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Thanks for the noteworthy contribution to the quality of the thread. If people bother to read what's actually being said here, I think they'll notice that there are some important elements of sports and the role they play in the world being discussed. That can, and should, be part of what we do at RedsZone, IMHO.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Yes, I share your outrage.
    Are you serious? Or does this need a sarcastic emoticon?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    How many times do I have to explain my view, my opinion. I prefer home white traditional Reds uniforms. I prefer road grey traditional Reds uniforms. It is my opinion that any other jersey is unnecessary, outside of a BP jersey to "sweat up" in pre-game workouts. I feel any other "on field" jersey is really unnecessary. It's my opinion. I'm not saying you have to agree with it, but neither do I have to agree with yours.
    I have no problem with your aesthetic taste. White, grey, red, whatever. You go with whatever floats your boat.

But you still haven't really recognized my point about the word "unnecessary." The way you are using it, it means something that players need on the field. By that rationale, they probably don't need half of the stuff they wear. They probably need a ball and a bat and gloves to play, but kids have been playing baseball for decades in the street with far less in terms of attire.

As Patrick, Kal and I have argued, you get into far more difficult waters when you start arguing that somehow having shirts that recognize the languages of other groups are "unnecessary." All I've read you say on that point so far is that there is no reason for other groups to have shirts that "speak" to them or their worlds. That's why this thread keeps going on and on and on.
    Last edited by RedEye; 12-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Turn Off Ads?