Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds in deep talks for Shin-soo Choo

Re: Reds in deep talks for Shin-soo Choo

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    3 years of Stubbs + 6 years of Gregorious for 1 year of Choo makes no sense.

There will be another player coming to Cincy
    you are assuming 3 years of Stubbs is a positive thing

Plus Walt has a history of trading for players in there contract year and resigning them
    Last edited by Krawhitham; 12-11-2012 at 06:20 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hate Choo so im indifferent to this trade

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    You hate a player with a career .289 Batting Average, a .381 OBP, a .847 OPS, someone who has great speed, averages roughly 20-30 Stolen Bases a year, has great pop, and could easily hit 25+ in our bandbox, and plays great d?

Would you SERIOUSLY prefer to keep stubbs? Honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    You hate a player with a career .289 Batting Average, a .381 OBP, a .847 OPS, someone who has great speed, averages roughly 20-30 Stolen Bases a year, has great pop, and could easily hit 25+ in our bandbox, and plays great d?

Would you SERIOUSLY prefer to keep stubbs? Honestly?
    I live in the greater Cleveland area so all i hear about all the time how he's so great and that cheer they do with choooo is annoying. He's also killed the reds his entire career. Hate on Stubbs all you want but he was more productive than alot of the reds players in the playoffs. Im not against the trade but if it doesn't get done i wont be upset

I live in the greater Cleveland area so all i hear about all the time how he's so great and that cheer they do with choooo is annoying. He's also killed the reds his entire career. Hate on Stubbs all you want but he was more productive than alot of the reds players in the playoffs. Im not against the trade but if it doesn't get done i wont be upset
    Stubbs hit .211 and had 1 RBI, not exactly productive

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

is it because of this line from 2012?

vs. CIN

27 6 11 5 0 3 4 2 0 .407 .448 .926 1.374

He was on my list too...
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

And for my first post here... all I have to say is...

Walt is a small market STUD!

Can't wait for this to become official this is far better than getting Fowler for a SP.

If Choo can play a passable CF (which is not a guarantee) he will be a huge coup for this team. Offensively, having Choo and Phillips ahead of Votto instead of Cozart and Stubbs will equal a ton of RBI opportunities for the middle of the order

As most of you know, I was probably the last remaining passenger on the Drew Stubbs bandwagon, before finally jumping off in 2012. All I can say is, MAKE IT HAPPEN, WALT! I've never been a Choo fan, but it's only because he has absolutely destroyed us his entire career. This trade would be huge. It would be a downgrade defensively, but a big upgrade for our lineup. I'm going to try not to get my hopes up, but I'm giddy about the possibility.

The #'s defensively for Choo in RF look similiar to Bruce's defensively (I'm not saying they are the same player). If Walt is thinking of doing this, the scouts for the Redlegs must think defensively that Choo can get the job done. In Walt I trust.

WAR (2012)
    Choo 3.1
    Stubbs -0.2 the minus sign means effing NEGATIVE
    OK Walt , go ahead
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    If this goes through and the Indians get/keep Stubbs, anybody wanna set an early over/under on total strikeouts combined for the prolific whiff duo of Drew Stubbs and Mark Reynolds?

400? 450??

Either way, it's gonna be windy in Cleveland. lol
    Someone needs to add Stubbs to this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou1990 View Post
    The #'s defensively for Choo in RF look similiar to Bruce's defensively (I'm not saying they are the same player). If Walt is thinking of doing this, the scouts for the Redlegs must think defensively that Choo can get the job done. In Walt I trust.

WAR (2012)
    Choo 3.1
    Stubbs -0.2 the minus sign means effing NEGATIVE
    OK Walt , go ahead
    and that is with Choo's worst defensive year of his career. It all depends if that year was an anomaly or a trend. Before last year he was an above average RF. Hopefully a new team can spark an old fire for defense.

Ken Rosenthal‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Three-team trade, per source, will look like this: Choo, Jason Donald to #Reds, Gregorius to #Diamondbacks, Stubbs, AZ pitcher to #Indians.

This would be a coup if Walt could pull it off. He's the perfect fit. 2 years left on the contract is plenty of time to ease Billy into the position, especially if an injury situation comes up. We solve our leadoff hitter problems, trade a blocked prospect, and might even get a throw-in to go along with it. All without breaking the bank. Oh, did I mention he's a lefty? No more worrying about Dusty's lineup shuffling.

EDIT: One year. All the same, it looks like a good deal for us, getting what we need.
    Last edited by The DARK; 12-11-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Turn Off Ads?