Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would Kearns off the bench be a good sign?

Would Kearns off the bench be a good sign?

Noticed tonight watching MLB network that Austin Kearns was a free agent. What about having him off the bench? Would he come back as a bench player?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would Kearns off the bench be a good sign?

Sure. Wouldn't cost much, he's a decent defender who can play LF and RF with a good arm and will do enough to not hurt you if you have injuries.

Yes he was tied for 2nd in the majors with 13 PH last year and lead MLB with 10 PH walks

Kearns off the bench would be awesome.

The bench is probably going to be two outfielders, two infielders and one catcher. I guess Heisey would have to go to make room for Kearns.

Absolutely....he's better than Votto

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The bench is probably going to be two outfielders, two infielders and one catcher. I guess Heisey would have to go to make room for Kearns.
    I agree that it probably wouldn't make a lot of sense to sign Kearns because we have Xavier Paul and Heisey already as bench outfielders. Heisey doesn't look to be going anywhere and we need Paul for a lefty off the bench. While I think Kearns can be a valuable pinch hitter somewhere, it just doesn't seem like there is room for him on the Red's Major League roster.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Absolutely....he's better than Votto
    I think youre on to something...calling Jockety now!

Minor league contract offer a possibility?

Turn Off Ads?