Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds in deep talks for Shin-soo Choo

Reds in deep talks for Shin-soo Choo

Just saw on Twitter. For Stubbs & Gregorious. Choo would CF and leadoff.

Here's your link http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...o-from-indians

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds in deep talks for Shin-soo Choo

If true, this would be the move the Reds need to take them over the top. Choo would provide perfect balance to the Reds batting order and would be the perfect 1 year bridge to give Billy Hamilton the needed seasoning in AAA. Love to see this go through.

do it walt

If Stubbs and Gregorius is all it takes, get it done yesterday, Walt. I'm guessing a third player might be involved, though. Hopefully, it's not one of the pitching prospects.

This trade also would likely be good for Bronson Arroyo's psyche.

3 years of Stubbs + 6 years of Gregorious for 1 year of Choo makes no sense.

There will be another player coming to Cincy

I hate to lose Gregorious, but you have to give to get. I like this lineup.

Choo CF
    Phillips 2nd
    Votto 1st
    Ludwick LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3rd
    Hanigan/Mes C
    Cozart SS

That could do some major damage. I hope we don't have to give up Cingrani or Corcino to get this done.

So play offense for the first 6 or 7 innings. Get the lead, then pull Ludwick, move Choo to left, and insert Heisey in the outfield to help protect the lead.

Between late inning substitutions and periodic days off for Ludwick, Choo wouldn't spend all year in center. Regardless, of weakening the outfield defenst you have to do this for the upgrade at leadoff and especially after the Nats went out and got Span. Have to improve the offense to keep up with Nats and Dodgers next year!

If this really happens I like our chances with Chapman to the rotation, full year of Frazier at 3b, full year of Votto, a top tier leadoff man. Suddenly a 97 win team just got better starting pitching and a better offense!

Nerdvana Annihilation

I would love to see this happen. Main Reason.. Get rid of ****ty ass Stubbs.

Do itttttttt!

So Choo and another player for Didi and Stubbs? I love Gregorius, but if this is the extent of the deal, then I'm all for it without even knowing who the other player from the Indians is. Choo is a massive upgrade to the offense, and even if the Reds can't resign him, he's a lock to turn down arbitration and will net the Reds an extra supplemental first round pick. This also takes some pressure off of Hamilton to produce immediately and gives him a full season to marinate in AAA. Again, great move by Walt if this does in fact go down as it is currently being reported.

I liked what we saw of Gregorius this year, but I like Choo a whole lot more. I see no downside to this deal. Any idea who the other player besides Choo would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    So Choo and another player for Didi and Stubbs? I love Gregorius, but if this is the extent of the deal, then I'm all for it without even knowing who the other player from the Indians is. Choo is a massive upgrade to the offense, and even if the Reds can't resign him, he's a lock to turn down arbitration and will net the Reds an extra supplemental first round pick. This also takes some pressure off of Hamilton to produce immediately and gives him a full season to marinate in AAA. Again, great move by Walt if this does in fact go down as it is currently being reported.
    It's no longer turning down arbitration. It's turning down a contract offer at a certain money amount (IIRC it was at about $13.3 million for 1 year this past year). Of course Choo will turn down that kind of offer too. Just thought I would throw that out there.

MAKE IT HAPPEN WALT!

Aside from the obvious reasons of getting rid of K Stubbs and having a legit leadoff hitter, this guy has the coolest name in MLB!

Choooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People from out of town will think that Reds' fans are crazy booing their own players. Brruuuuuuuuuuucce!!! Choooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?