Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

I will miss watching Stubbs run down balls in the gap, but not weakly waving at curves in the dirt.
    sorry we're boring

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    By wondering if he can play center field of course.
    So, can he?
    sorry we're boring

Can they get Korean Reds jerseys made in time for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Not sure where the love comes from. Reds just obtained a one year rental of a corner OF who can lead off against RHP only. This leaves more questions to me than before the trade. Who will play CF? Choo? Bruce? Heisey? Ludwick hits RHP as well as LHP. Does he platoon with Choo? Seems to me that Ludwick needs to play against both and bat fourth. I hope there is another trade coming. I don't see how this improves the team.
    Bases = runs

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    So, can he?
    I have my doubts. Guys don't generally start playing center at age 30 and actually being able to play it, particularly after being corner outfielders (versus maybe a shortstop or second baseman making the transition out there at 30).

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    When it comes down to it, the offense part of baseball is a one-on-one game. But I can't help but feel Choo may be the missing piece that makes this an explosive lineup, beyond the metrics.
    I'm thinking the same thing. Drop Phillips and Choo in front of Votto/Ludwick/Bruce and I think this offense becomes a serious force.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Diamondbacks' Shaw, Albers among those going to #Indians. A. Cabrera COULD go to #Diamondbacks, with Gregorius staying in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I will miss watching Stubbs run down balls in the gap, but not weakly waving at curves in the dirt.
    I miss Eddie Milner less each year for he same reasons

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Choo has a career slash line of .289/.381/.465/.847. He had an OBP of .373 last year. He's a fantastic get. There's nothing not to love.
    Well, one year of him isn't the greatest.

Assuming Stubbs doesnt transform into something different, switching Stubbs for Choo looks like a 2 WAR upgrade.

This is exactly the type of move a team positioned to make a serious run at a world seiries should make...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. Dropping Phillips and Choo in front of Votto/Ludwick/Bruce and I think this offense becomes a serious force.

Over / Under on Number of Phillips this year?

I'll say 31.5.

Didi may not be going to Arizona.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Source: #Diamondbacks' Shaw, Albers among those going to #Indians. A. Cabrera COULD go to #Diamondbacks, with Gregorius staying in Cleveland
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Source: Diamondbacks would send pitcher Trevor Bauer to Cleveland as part of the proposed three-way trade.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Celebrate good times, c'mon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    The Indians are going to get Bauer in the deal with the Diamondbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?