Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
    Reds deep in talks on deal to acquire Shin-soo Choo from Indians for Stubbs and Gregorius. http://cbsprt.co/UfMpzf
    DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
    Reds would use Choo in center field, and as leadoff hitter.
    Please, please, please ...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

YES! Something real to talk about! PLEEEEEASE Walt, do it! Just do it!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Please, please, let this be the something else Walt mentioned at Redsfest!

Someone asked him specifically about Choo at Redsfest and Walt said that they had talked to the Indians about him.

The metrics don't show Choo as a real good rightfielder, so what makes the Reds think he could play center?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    WHOA

Choo as a centerfielder? Color me skeptical. Bruce in center and Choo in right? That I could get behind. Would be less than ideal at both positions, but better than Choo in center, no?

Senor Votto

I wish they wouldn't have gotten Ludwick if this is true...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

This rumor has been around for weeks. Probably has some legs to it. But you know, without Danny Knobler telling us who told him this rumor and what they were wearing when he was told it, we probably shouldn't believe it.

Really though, Choo is 30 years old and has played 10 games in his life at the position. Not sure how I feel about that kind of move. It is a move that makes sense if you didn't bring in Ludwick, but now that you have, I just don't know.

He does solve the leadoff issue but possibly creates a new one.

389 obp. while batting leadoff for the Indians last season. Really shocked the Reds would get him without giving up any starting pitching
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Wow this would be GREAT!!
    Go BLUE!!!

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

The offensive upgrade from Choo to Stubbs more than makes up for the defensive difference. The stat someone posted here when discussing Frazier to right and Bruce to center about the average centerfielder getting two balls a game flashes to my mind right now. Choo in center would be huge.

Would this send Bruce to CF? Really would have liked to seen this prior to the Ludwick deal, but I certainly wouldn't complain.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Looking at BRef, I can't tell if Choo is a FA after 2013 or 2014. Anyone have a better grasp on it?

Turn Off Ads?