Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Dbacks fans don't seem too enthralled about either Cabrera or Gregorius, but if it's between them they prefer AC.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Dbacks fans don't seem too enthralled about either Cabrera or Gregorius, but if it's between them they prefer AC.
    As they should. I believe DiDi is more Gookie than he is anything else.

He is a guy I am happy to trade, although I wonder if we would have been better suited getting Bauer (or even Upton) from ARI and sending other pitchers (Corcino or Cingrani) with Stubbs for Choo?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Quick question....how would people rate Asdrubal's defense? I don't get to see a bunch of the Tribe, but when I do he looks pretty pedestrian. The highlight reels speak differently, but when don't they?
    Choo in CF and Cabrera at short would be a serious defensive downgrade (both look like -10 defenders at those positions) based upon UZR estimates.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

hey im up for anything to get stubbs out od cincy.Im sure he is a nice guy but he needs a fresh new start with another team.I have always liked Choo!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Choo in CF and Cabrera at short would be a serious defensive downgrade (both look like -10 defenders at those positions) based upon UZR estimates.
    I would have been really surprised if the Reds were willing to go with Cabrera at SS.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't get why people think the Reds are trying to get Cabrera too. I don't see anything on the trade rumors that says that.

I thought it was just Arizona trying to get him through a 3-team trade?

I kinda like the first trade proposal of simply Stubbs, Gregorius for Choo. No harm done to the Reds.

Not sure what the latest rumor is but Cabrera is a better 2B than a ss where he is average. Some writers in Cleveland say he has gotten fat and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I kinda like the first trade proposal of simply Stubbs, Gregorius for Choo. No harm done to the Reds.
    I think just about everyone on this board likes that trade as well.
    Go BLUE!!!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I don't get why people think the Reds are trying to get Cabrera too. I don't see anything on the trade rumors that says that.

I thought it was just Arizona trying to get him through a 3-team trade?

I agree. But when people started mentioning Cabrera it got me wondering what people see in his defense. I was under the impression he was well below average at short. Jojo's confirming that it seems via numbers.

And just to clarify, there was a twitter post or something by a reporter that said something along the lines of "and Cabrera might be heading to the Reds too." And let's not forget, the original proposal was Stubbs & Didi for Choo and another position player from the Tribe. I'd assume a minor leaguer.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 12-11-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Who would make a better hypothetical defensive CF - J.Upton or Choo?

Neither is very good.

How have we not heard anything from Twitter on this in awhile now? /nervous

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    How have we not heard anything from Twitter on this in awhile now? /nervous
    Simple. The Yankees are signing Youkilis and probably re-upping Ichiro. It's the Yankees...and they're the most important obviously.

I don't really understand the Didi love myself. How many SS are there in the minors who fit in to that "can really pick it and will really be something if his bat pans out" category? It's not like Did has lit up the upper minors with his bat.

At some point, you only have 25 men on a roster with which you have to win the World Series. You don't let role players or fringe starters get in the way of significantly improving your ball club.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I wish the Cabrera thing had not been mentioned. I had my hopes up all high for the both of them. Now I'll have to be disappointed for 'settling' for Choo.

Either way, great deal if this is finalized. Terrific deal. Just wish the Cabrera stuff had not been thrown out there.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I don't really understand the Didi love myself. How many SS are there in the minors who fit in to that "can really pick and will really be something if his bat pans out" category? It's not like Did has lit up the upper minors with his bat.
    I agree with this, but I think the big thing to remember is how young he is at the AAA level. That's a pretty huge factor IMO with regards to his bat.

Turn Off Ads?