Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Breaking News: Deadly mall shooting in Oregon

2. Turn Off Ads?

I like the trade but I think a few people are selling Didi short. He's a legit top 100 prospect with great tools. There isn't much more valuable in the post steroid era than a shortstop with a high ceiling.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Internet comes back on and I see this. Wow. A real obp guy to lead off. This would be more than I hoped for.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Walt sure runs a tight-lipped crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I like the trade but I think a few people are selling Didi short. He's a legit top 100 prospect with great tools. There isn't much more valuable in the post steroid era than a shortstop with a high ceiling.
    So far, his production translates to be a league average offensive shortstop. Average is as average does :0)
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Walt sure runs a tight-lipped crew.
    I love it. But I will give some of our fellow RedsZoners credit. I heard Choo brought up many times as a possible legit trade option for the Reds by posters on here. I basically discounted said talk. I was wrong ... and happy to be so.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Three-team trade, per source, will look like this: Choo, Jason Donald to #Reds, Gregorius to #Diamondbacks, Stubbs, AZ pitcher to #Indians.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Corbin, Skaggs and Bauer were among #Diamondbacks pitchers who were in play. #Indians would get one in this deal; Skaggs unlikely.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Three-team trade, per source, will look like this: Choo, Jason Donald to #Reds, Gregorius to #Diamondbacks, Stubbs, AZ pitcher to #Indians.
    Nice. Donald will be an improvement over Valdez as the backup middle infielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Nice. Donald will be an improvement over Valdez as the backup middle infielder.
    It will be interesting to see if they get the 2011 Donald or the 2012 Donald. If he plays more like the 2011 Donald, it's a total steal. I suppose it's more likely he'll be the 2010 Donald, which splits the difference.

For what it's worth, Donald is also a Boras client...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

John Fay ‏@johnfayman

Donald hit .202/.246/.282 with Indians and .277/.365/.441 in AAA. Could fill utility role. #reds

If it's Bauer or Skaggs, I may have preferred to have acquire the AZ pitcher directly for DiDi.

If it's Corbin, I think it's a very good trade for all three teams.

Donald was a guy the Reds were talking about acquiring from Philly back at the 09 deadline when he was a prospect. Instead the Indians acquired him in the Cliff Lee package. Probably delays Henry Rodriguez's big league debut.
    Go BLUE!!!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Reds also may get another player. Any guesses? Jason Donald?
    Wow. Nicely done Rojo.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Wow. Nicely done Rojo.
    It's the week of Los Rojos.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?