Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Cleveland Indians ‏@tribeinsider

...ARI acq. INF Didi Gregorius (from CIN) & LHP Tony Sipp (from CLE), while CIN acq. OF Shin-Soo Choo, INF Jason Donald and cash (from CLE)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Choo's career numbers at GABP: OPS of 1.048 with 4 HRs in 36 ABs.

Also he does play against lefties. His numbers are much better against RHP but I don't see him sitting against all lefties.

Career he has a .307 AVG with OPS of .914 against RHP and a .249 AVG with OPS of .695 against LHP. Obviously much stronger against RHP and his numbers last year were really bad against lefties much worse than in the past.
    Earl Weaver would know what to do.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If Dbacks would have traded Bauer for Gregorius......I"d rather have done that deal
    Yep me too. Oh well, still very happy with Choo.
    Go BLUE!!!

Jon Morosi‏@jonmorosi

OFFICIAL: #Dbacks get SS Didi Gregorius, LHP Tony Sipp & 1B Lars Anderson from #Indians for RHPs Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw.

Pile O' Cash is back with the Reds!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Didi may not be going to Arizona.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Source: #Diamondbacks' Shaw, Albers among those going to #Indians. A. Cabrera COULD go to #Diamondbacks, with Gregorius staying in Cleveland
    I'd assume that he IS. Didi himself tweeted that he was. I'd assume they'd tell the players BEFORE the media.

-The Insider-

I really wanted Sipp.

Bless you, Indians.

Looking forward to getting a peek at Choo.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Cleveland Indians ‏@tribeinsider

...ARI acq. INF Didi Gregorius (from CIN) & LHP Tony Sipp (from CLE), while CIN acq. OF Shin-Soo Choo, INF Jason Donald and cash (from CLE)
    Reds got cash, too? How much? It would be interesting if their one-year Choo rental is also at a serious discount...

Can I just say that this move has "Jocketty" written all over it? Talk about a big game hunter. Still remember that from a Cards forum post written about him at the time the Reds got him. And boy oh boy, is it ever true!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

This is exciting stuff. It's going to be a lot of fun watching Choo and Bruce throw the ball in the OF.

Can't believe this deal is actually going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Totally. Actually, Choo could be a potential candidate to hit behind Joey as well, couldn't he? I know lineup needs would probably dictate that he hit earlier -- but his bat is potent enough to provide protection as well.
    While choos bat might be good enough, I think it might only happen when ludwick sits. Your normal lineup is going to be
    Choo
    Phillips
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Hanigan/mesaraco
    Cozart

With our pitching that is a championship lineup

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'd assume that he IS. Didi himself tweeted that he was. I'd assume they'd tell the players BEFORE the media.
    Well, maybe he WAS as far as the Reds were concerned. Remember that the Reds-Indians part of the deal seems to have been completed first. Maybe the Indians-DBacks part took more time?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

-The Insider-

So it's official that the Reds only got Choo and Donald.

The D'Backs got robbed. Like the trade for the Reds and Indians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The D'Backs got robbed. Like the trade for the Reds and Indians.
    DBacks LOVE Gregorius. Have been trying to acquire him for the last year+.

Turn Off Ads?