Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    This made me laugh.

I think this is a great move. And I think we should not forget that Billy Hamilton does know how to play short stop.
    I know I shouldn't say this after the Reds just said Choo would play center, but I can't see Hamilton being a guy Jocketty plays at shortstop. Too many errors.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I'm just saying, he's probably a slightly below average major league shortstop and projects to at least maintain that for a while. He's not perfect, but it feels great to say he's our weakest link now.
    Accordin to ESPN, Cozart was tied for 11th in the majors among SS in WAR, tied for 5th in the NL.

That's above average.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Not disagreeing with you Doug (as I've seen very little of Didi in action), but isn't that exactly what you'd expect a GM to say after acquiring a new player?
    Zack Cozart had the best UZR/150 rating of any regular player on the Reds. He was a finalist for the gold glove as a rookie. He hit 33 doubles and 15 homers, again as a rookie.

I can't believe I'm reading on this thread that he is a below average defender and that Gregorius is a better player.

This trade was a no-brainer for the Reds to make.

Reds now have Choo, Votto and Bruce hitting from the left side in the same lineup. Huge improvement, excellent trade.

Re: Reds acquire Shin-soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    One problem with this move - Choo sports the double ear flap helmet. Unacceptable.
    Bronson now has company.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Accordin to ESPN, Cozart was tied for 11th in the majors among SS in WAR, tied for 5th in the NL.

That's above average.
    Good point. I was looking at the chart wrong. Either way, I'm content with Cozart even if he doesn't improve a bit.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I know I shouldn't say this after the Reds just said Choo would play center, but I can't see Hamilton being a guy Jocketty plays at shortstop. Too many errors.
    Keith Law said that Hamilton was not outstanding in center either. I would hope his glove would become better over time.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Re: Reds acquire Shin-soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

JIM BOWDEN @JimBowdenESPNxm
    Talked to two scouts who scouted Choo last year and both opined that Bruce would end up in CF and Choo in RF after Dusty evaluates them

I'm a bit surprised Walt was so vocal about it being a 1 year rental.He usually like to hold things close to the vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Zack Cozart had the best UZR/150 rating of any regular player on the Reds. He was a finalist for the gold glove as a rookie. He hit 33 doubles and 15 homers, again as a rookie.

I can't believe I'm reading on this thread that he is a below average defender and that Gregorius is a better player.

This trade was a no-brainer for the Reds to make.

Reds now have Choo, Votto and Bruce hitting from the left side in the same lineup. Huge improvement, excellent trade.
    Who said that Cozart was a below average defender?

And a lot of professional people in baseball would take Gregorius over Cozart, probably starting at some point this next season.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I'm a bit surprised Walt was so vocal about it being a 1 year rental.He usually like to hold things close to the vest.
    Jocketty-ing for position in his negotiations with Boras next offseason?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Keith Law said that Hamilton was not outstanding in center either. I would hope his glove would become better over time.
    Well, it's only been a matter of a few weeks worth of playing there, right? Arizona fall league and that's it, correct?

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

So Doug, (for the record) you're not happy with the trade?
    Go BLUE!!!

Well, he has played all of about 20 games there. He is still pretty raw out there. He should get better with experience.

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    He said he was when I asked earlier. Just that he regretted losing DiDi.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I am ok with the trade. I just think there could be consequences that some people are overlooking with it.

Turn Off Ads?