Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! Post of the night! :O)
    you're welcome

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    2011 was the 1971 to the 2010.

At least that's how I rationalize it.
    Possibly. Making last year 72... And 2013 1973? Which Red will punch Bud Harrelson?

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Asian television is just better than Western television.

It just is.

My heart stopped when I read somewhere (Red Reporter?) that the trade included Homer. I'm thrilled that Walt made the trade. Kind of deal he made in StL. No more do we trade for junk. Solid move.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Just like when Johnny Bench went on the Mike Douglas Show ;-)
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    gesundheit
    Was listening to MLBradio on on the way home discuss the trade and now going through all the posts. BUT this was too funny not to give a

Not a fan of the trade. Not near as confident in Cozart as a long term solution at SS that most on here are. Have my doubts about Fraizer at 3B as well.

I'll have to "Choo" on this one for awhile.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Towers said Gregorius reminds him "of a young Derek Jeter."
    Link
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Not a fan of the trade. Not near as confident in Cozart as a long term solution at SS that most on here are. Have my doubts about Fraizer at 3B as well.

I'll have to "Choo" on this one for awhile.
    with all his "potential," Drew had to go. I'm just amazed that Cleveland wanted him. Maybe the change of leagues will help. Choo for $4.9 million is a steal. Cozart will be fine and Frazier proved his worth this year. If not, I have faith in Walt to make moves to correct any situation. No longer will we be waiting on some prospect to step up. We're ready.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Choo will get a raise in arb to 7-8 mil. The Reds supposedly got 3.5 mil from the Indians to cover the difference between Stubbs and Choo's salaries.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

A major hole filled without dealing away one piece of our surplus of starting pitching.

This is Freaking A Awesome!

FWIW, judging by D-Back message board responses, they (D-Back fans) are not happy about dealing away Bauer for Gregorius, as they're not convinced that Gregorius will hit at the MLB level.

We'll see.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Holy crap!

I logged into check my email and see "Reds acquire..." and I was about to yawn and delete it until I saw the name involved. WOW.

Last offseason we got Latos, Marshall, and Madson. This offseason is off to a pretty good start as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

How about Mike Leake to the Red Sox for Bryce Brentz (I'd even toss in Ondrusek)?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    A major hole filled without dealing away one piece of our surplus of starting pitching.

This is Freaking A Awesome!

FWIW, judging by D-Back message board responses, they (D-Back fans) are not happy about dealing away Bauer for Gregorius, as they're not convinced that Gregorius will hit at the MLB level.

We'll see.
    Or our future starters. I thought we'd lose one of Corcino or Cingrani at the very least to fill holes.

I like Gregorius. But I'm not convinced he'll hit at the big-league level either- at least not for another season or two.

Turn Off Ads?