Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    As a backup. LaMarre has been viewed as a "tweener" since even before he was drafted- and while he runs and gets on base well, he lacks power. He'll be 24 all season and has never hit more than six homers per year in three as a pro.
    Agreed- as a backup. I never saw LaMarre with significantly more upside than Heisey. Just pointing out that we have another backup CF that hits righty in the system and possibly ready to step in if necessary.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    As a backup. LaMarre has been viewed as a "tweener" since even before he was drafted- and while he runs and gets on base well, he lacks power. He'll be 24 all season and has never hit more than six homers per year in three as a pro.
    I don't care about his offensive profile. If he can hit lefties a little bit and play plus defense, he would be a perfect late-season complement to Choo. He would also make a nice long-term backup to Hamilton.

That said, if some GM gets it in his head that LaMarre is a legit difference maker (like Towers did with Gregorius), I take what I can get for him in a trade. If not, I'm content with him being a quality backup CF.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'd still imagine that Jay Bruce ends up logging some innings in CF over the course of the season.

Choo - L
    Phillips - R
    Votto - L
    Ludwick - R
    Bruce - L

That's a pretty cool little run there. Wouldn't exactly call it "Murderer's Row," but I'll be very happy if it turns out to be "Involuntary Manslaughter Alley."
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'd still imagine that Jay Bruce ends up logging some innings in CF over the course of the season.

Choo - L
    Phillips - R
    Votto - L
    Ludwick - R
    Bruce - L

That's a pretty cool little run there. Wouldn't exactly call it "Murderer's Row," but I'll be very happy if it turns out to be "Involuntary Manslaughter Alley."
    Haha, which is also better than last year's "Fleeing the Scene of the Crime Circle".

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Haha, which is also better than last year's "Fleeing the Scene of the Crime Circle".
    Which quickly turned into "Expired Tags Cul-De-Sac" when Joey went down.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Choo - L
    Phillips - R
    Votto - L
    Ludwick - R
    Bruce - L

I see what you did there
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    I don't care about his offensive profile. If he can hit lefties a little bit and play plus defense, he would be a perfect late-season complement to Choo. He would also make a nice long-term backup to Hamilton.

That said, if some GM gets it in his head that LaMarre is a legit difference maker (like Towers did with Gregorius), I take what I can get for him in a trade. If not, I'm content with him being a quality backup CF.
    Agreed. I see LaMarre as the heir to Heisey, so long as he can maintain a .700-.750 OPS in the majors as a 4th OF.
    Go BLUE!!!

Choo - L
    Phillips - R
    Votto - L
    Ludwick - R
    Bruce - L

Against RHP, this part of the lineup is pretty close to Murderer's Row. It would be better if Phillips weren't a DP man, but I'm not sure there are many teams that can match it.

Over the last three years, against righties, Choo has a .403 OBP and a .918 OPS.

Over the last three years, against righties, Votto has a .446 OBP and a 1.038 OPS.

Over the last three years, against righties, Bruce has a .337 OBP and an .879 OPS.

The offense against righties was transformed by this move.

Please start the season early.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Against RHP, this part of the lineup is pretty close to Murderer's Row. It would be better if Phillips weren't a DP man, but I'm not sure there are many teams that can match it.

Over the last three years, against righties, Choo has a .403 OBP and a .918 OPS.

Over the last three years, against righties, Votto has a .446 OBP and a 1.038 OPS.

Over the last three years, against righties, Bruce has a .337 OBP and an .879 OPS.

The offense against righties was transformed by this move.
    And considering the traditional splits run in the 70/30 range, it should make this offense very good.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    And considering the traditional splits run in the 70/30 range, it should make this offense very good.
    Keep in mind also that Phillips and Ludwick do pretty well against righties for right hand hitters. Murderer's Row, I say.

CE, you are on fire lately. More Spanish please.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I don't think you'll see as many DatDudeDP's while he's in the 2 hole. At the top of the order he looks to get on base more often. He starts hitting into DPs when he's in the 4 hole and hitting for power.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    "Speaking of watching, the Reds want Choo to replace Stubbs in center. They will regret that move"

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/...sports_bl.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Choo has been known to take poor routes in the outfield.

Expectations should be low but it would not surprise me that Bruce eventually ends up covering center and Choo returns to the corner.

Turn Off Ads?