Turn Off Ads?
Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1070

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So now it is tone, not that I didn't state it was an opinion?

Look, I get that I make strong statement. I don't know why I wouldn't. If I don't believe in what I am saying, why should I say it? Why should anyone?
    Well, from prior posts it was clear that I was talking about both (hence discussion of condescension).

I'm saying there are more tactful ways of making an argument while still being confident/strong minded. I'm just saying, you get into these arguments more than anyone, I'm suggesting you may want to reconsider your tact if you want to prevent having to defend yourself on the manner every few months.

We come here to read other's opinions and arguments, therefore we should all be a little bit more respectful and mindful when someone is willing to engage in thoughtful discourse.

With that, I'm done here. I initially meant to come in here to mediate and help improve the discourse, and ended up getting into an argument about an argument.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

This is awfully meta for this thread isn't it?

Soooooooooooo about that Choo trade....

So now it is tone, not that I didn't state it was an opinion?

Look, I get that I make strong statement. I don't know why I wouldn't. If I don't believe in what I am saying, why should I say it? Why should anyone?
    Keep posting exactly like you always have.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I think people need to just stop taking things personally. There's a lot me and Doug haven't agreed on over the years, and we've gone back and forth a few times on a couple of different things. But you know what? I have a ton of respect for him. He does a hell of a job with what he does, and while he makes a strong case for his statements, I don't find him disrespectful. So maybe he's convinced Didi will be better than Cozart. Who cares? His opinion. If he tells you you're wrong, agree to disagree and move on. Quite frankly he brings a lot of insight to the board and knows a LOT about prospects that most of us don't, so I don't know what good poo-pooing him does.

Fact is, the Reds are in a damn good spot. Can't we just enjoy it instead of breaking out the pitchforks and going after people, especially those that bring a lot of good qualities to the board?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I think people need to just stop taking things personally. There's a lot me and Doug haven't agreed on over the years, and we've gone back and forth a few times on a couple of different things. But you know what? I have a ton of respect for him. He does a hell of a job with what he does, and while he makes a strong case for his statements, I don't find him disrespectful. So maybe he's convinced Didi will be better than Cozart. Who cares? His opinion. If he tells you you're wrong, agree to disagree and move on. Quite frankly he brings a lot of insight to the board and knows a LOT about prospects that most of us don't, so I don't know what good poo-pooing him does.

Fact is, the Reds are in a damn good spot. Can't we just enjoy it instead of breaking out the pitchforks and going after people, especially those that bring a lot of good qualities to the board?
    Although I've already said I don't agree with the way he states things at times, I totally agree with all the positives you have just listed about the man.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post

Yea, well maybe that's the problem, is that the respect doesn't seem to go both ways. I'm right because I'm right, I'm the expert, you can't possibly challenge my opinions because I research this stuff, isn't real respectful.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Just like a discussion about prospects with the key word being "prospects", right?
    No, not really. This thread doesn't mention anything about prospects or bold predictions, although one was made, rather boldly, about Gregorious and Cozart.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Wait... this is a chat board??
    Imagine picture of Chris Hansen...joke foiled by my failure to understand technology.
    Last edited by Superdude; 12-14-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Imagine picture of Chris Hansen...joke foiled by my failure to understand technology.

Whines? Please. I probably have my opinions attacked on this site more than anyone (at least on the baseball side of the forum). There is no whining.
    Hopefully some day you can go back in time and untype that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hopefully some day you can go back in time and untype that.
    If I could go back in time, why on Earth would I begin to think about using it for that?

If I could go back in time, why on Earth would I begin to think about using it for that?
    You can make it a multi-stop tour.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I came to this thread to find some insightful news or thoughts on the Choo trade and have found a glorified pissing match.

Moderators, please close this thread.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I still think it's cool that Venus is the only planet in the solar system that rotates clockwise.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?