Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your fantasy lineup with Shin-Soo Choo in the lineup?

Your fantasy lineup with Shin-Soo Choo in the lineup?

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Ludwick
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Hannigan
    8. Cozart
    9 Pitcher

The beauty with Choo is that he has the same makeup as Brandon Phillips to an extent, with plus attributes.

Choo easily has the potential for 25 HR, 100+ RBI's, and 30 SB.

I have no doubt playing in GABP will pad up his stats similar to what occured with Ludwick. We might have just aquired our asian justin upton in some regards!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your fantasy lineup with Shin-Soo Choo in the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Ludwick
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Hannigan
    8. Cozart
    9 Pitcher

The beauty with Choo is that he has the same makeup as Brandon Phillips to an extent, with plus attributes.

I have no doubt playing in GABP will pad up his stats similar to what occured with Ludwick. We might have just aquired our asian justin upton in some regards!
    I would probably flip Hanigan and Cozart just because the 8 hitter will see less to hit with the pitcher behind him and Hanigan is the much more patient hitter and would take more walks from that spot.

part of BBN

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Ludwick
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Hannigan
    8. Cozart
    9 Pitcher
    Couldnt do much better than yours !

Looks like an opening day lineup to me. Unless, that is, they roll out Mes to show that he'll be inheriting the position sooner or later and want to give him some confidence.

Salukifan2

it's too bad Bruce isn't right handed and ludwick left handed. I will boldly predict that bruce hits 15+ more homeruns next year than ludwick.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Ludwick
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Hannigan
    8. Cozart
    9 Pitcher

Sounds about right, but I think MoneyInTheBank has it nailed perfectly for opening day. Although, I highly doubt Choo can even sniff 100 RBI's batting in the leadoff spot. 100 runs is more feasible. I cannot even describe how much I like this lineup though. A high OBP leadoff man can change a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    I will boldly predict that bruce hits 15+ more homeruns next year than ludwick.
    Only if Ludwick gets hurt or Jay breaks 40. Ludwick has a swing made for GABP hitting 25 HR there in 325 AB and has shown power everywhere except when he got owned mentally by PetCo park and got pull happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I would probably flip Hanigan and Cozart just because the 8 hitter will see less to hit with the pitcher behind him and Hanigan is the much more patient hitter and would take more walks from that spot.
    All the more reason to bat him in front of Cozart. Hanny gets on base a lot, only to be bunted over by the pitcher, or have the pitcher end the inning. This way Cozart could double him in (possibly), or set up a squeeze play for the pitcher. Either way, Cozart has some power. Always bat OBP in front of power.

Cozart 8th is the best shot until he shows he can get on base, those added IBB and pitch abound walks hitting 8 will help hide his poor OBP. Plus the pop 8th could clear the bases if they have no place for the pitcher and if he doubles to start an inning they can always bunt him to 3rd for Choo to drive in.

I agree batting Cozart 8th. The point about his power is a good one. Hanigan has no pop whatsoever and Cozart's doubles capability could really blow open the occasional game when a rally goes into the bottom of the order.

Fantasy? My fantasy is that Mes starts hitting like he did in the high minors and squeezes his way into the lineup most every day. I also Fantasize about Frazier slugging his way to the 4 hole. Gotta love fantasies.

Choo
    DatDude
    Joey
    Frazier
    Jay
    Ludwick
    Mes
    Cozart

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    All the more reason to bat him in front of Cozart. Hanny gets on base a lot, only to be bunted over by the pitcher, or have the pitcher end the inning. This way Cozart could double him in (possibly), or set up a squeeze play for the pitcher. Either way, Cozart has some power. Always bat OBP in front of power.
    Disagree. If you flip them... Hannigan sees way more strikes, his OBP goes down (over a large enough sample size). Cozart sees less strikes, his OBP may go up or he may chase more trash and have worse numbers.

I think you want your most patient hitter hitting in the spot where he sees the most balls.

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Ludwick
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Hannigan
    8. Cozart
    9 Pitcher

Catchers bat 8th, dude.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Choo
    Phillips
    Frazier
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Hanigan
    Cozart

I am glad to see Phillips batting 2nd, perfect fit for a free swinger like him. This line-up is set up perfectly for Votto to be an absolute monster, ala Pujols or Bonds. Opponents might even walk a run in to avoid his bat!

Turn Off Ads?