Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reds Acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Reds Acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Well, after the euphoria of trading Stubbs has worn away a little, Choo in CF has me a little worried. While Choo seems to be fast enough do a decent job, Bruce appears to be slower than Choo and IMO, not an option. Why weaken two spots to cover one? Heisey and Paul aren't exactly top-of-line defensive replacements for CF. I don't think Walt is finished tweaking the roster.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Well, after the euphoria of trading Stubbs has worn away a little, Choo in CF has me a little worried. While Choo seems to be fast enough do a decent job, Bruce appears to be slower than Choo and IMO, not an option. Why weaken two spots to cover one? Heisey and Paul aren't exactly top-of-line defensive replacements for CF. I don't think Walt is finished tweaking the roster.
    I was actually quite impressed with Heisey's play in center last year.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    If Donald gets 150-200 AB's we've got problems...
    Most utility players around the league get 100-200 ABs over the course of a season. I don't see this as a problem at all, especially if we get the 2010-2011 version of Donald. I just don't get all of the Donald hate. He seems like a capable backup to me. Obviously he shouldn't be an everyday player, but he's a good bench piece.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I was actually quite impressed with Heisey's play in center last year.
    Agree. I think Heisey is a good defender. He misplays a ball now and then, but in general, he has good instincts and pretty decent speed. He isn't quite the defender that Stubbs is, but not many guys are.

Yeah Baby!! This trade is WIN WIN WIN IMO.

PS If Choo can't handle CF, then I'm pretty confident that at least Jay can do a serviceable job there.

This is a good trade, letting Stubbs recieve 500 AB per year is like beating a dead horse. I wish him nothing but the best of luck in the future.

Turn Off Ads?