Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If the Reds could resign Choo after 2013..could Billy Hamilton return to SS?

If the Reds could resign Choo after 2013..could Billy Hamilton return to SS?

I know the walt will at least "try" to some extent to resign choo..whether it happens or not is probably slim..but still..lets play day dream mode and pretend he does...

Does that mean we could make cozart expendable, and have billy hamilton play short stop?

What do ya'll think>?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If the Reds could resign Choo after 2013..could Billy Hamilton return to SS?

Or possibly trade Ludwick and move choo to left. Lot of flexibility we have.

Re: If the Reds could resign Choo after 2013..could Billy Hamilton return to SS?

I'd have to guess that Ludwick has a no trade clause as part of his deal. Do we know one way or the other?
    Sto Pro Veritate

I see more value in swapping Hamilton with Cozart, than I do with Hamilton swapping Ludwick.

I'd rather use the money for locking Latos/Bailey up.

I don't think so. He had a long way to go at SS this past season, and switching back again from CF isn't going to help it. At this point, he needs to learn one position and stick with it, regardless of what's happening with the MLB club.

I think the plan is just to offer Choo to get the draft pick. I don't think either side expects this to be more than a one year thing. Billy Hamilton is our CF of the future imo.

I'm almost certain that will be the case, Stray. Boras doesn't want his client taking a mere qualifying offer to stay in an outfield where he'll have competition unless things go seriously right for him here this year.

So assuming that, we get a year of Choo, 3.5 million dollars, a 1st/supplemental draft pick, and a utility infielder upgrade, all dealing from positions of strength. Solid move in my mind. Let's just hope one of our guys can scrape out a decent CF. I'm not as worried about it as others though; the Cards got value out of Berkman in right in spite of utterly brutal fielding. It should matter a little bit less at GABP as well.
    Last edited by The DARK; 12-12-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Hamilton has too many errors at short. Walt has already said Choo is a one year rental if Hamilton is ready for the OF in 2014.

Turn Off Ads?