Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds next TV contract?

Reds next TV contract?

After the Votto and Phillips extensions, many of us chalked up the increased revenue from a new TV contract as the reason. We can expect an announcement to be made during the regular season this year. The way I see it, there are probably a few options for the Reds.

1. Re-up with FS Ohio

2. SportsTime Ohio.
    STO was recently purchased by Fox and they may look to consolidate FS Ohio and STO under one network. They could create a second feed (STO2) much like MASN has done in Baltimore/Washington that has the Reds and Indians. Additionally, there are plenty of other options for content year-round: HS Football, Cyclones/Lake Erie Monsters, UC/XU basketball, MAC basketball, and minor league baseball.

3. Create their own network.
    About 8 months ago, the Business Courier reported the Reds and Pacers had been in talks to start a network that would be jointly owned by the two franchises. It would likely house MiLB games, the Cyclones and either/or UC and Xavier.

4. Sign a deal with the newly created Time Warner Sports Net

What are everyone's thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds next TV contract?

I have been very pleased with the FSO broadcasts over the past few years and would personally like to see it stay the same, but it will all come down to money. Whichever contract gives the Reds the most benefit financially will probably be what they end up doing.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

I don't care, as long as Comcast Indianapolis is apprised of the situation in time for the initial season.

I'd like to see them return to Channel 5.

But alas... money again.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I would be heartbroken if they discontinued the deal with FSO. That's the only way many of us get to see the games. Their broadcasts are top-notch as well. They'd be pretty stupid to give up that many regional viewers, so I don't see it happening.

Turn Off Ads?