Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Favorite Jocketty transaction...

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade for Scott Rolen

17 17.53%
  • Signing of Aroldis Chapman

34 35.05%
  • Trade for Mat Latos

35 36.08%
  • Trade for Sean Marshall

1 1.03%
  • Signing of Ryan Madson

1 1.03%
  • Trade for Jonathan Broxton

0 0%
  • Re-signing of Broxton

0 0%
  • Trade for Shin-Soo Choo

9 9.28%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Jocketty deal?

Your favorite Jocketty deal?

Curious which deal rates as your favorite that Jocketty has done since arriving in Cincinnati?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your favorite Jocketty deal?

Latos.

Latos for me as well. He traded from surplus to get a potential ace.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Latos was the best acquisition, but I think I like the Choo deal the best because I think what we got vs. what we gave up was the best ratio...if that makes sense.

In other words, Latos was an A acquisition but we paid a B+ price.
    Choo was an A- acquisition but IMO we paid like a C- price. I will not really miss Stubbs or DiDi- two guys I'm happy to trade for an improvement that fits like a glove.

I'd probably rank them like this:
    1. Trade for Choo
    2. Trade for Latos
    3. Signing of Chapman - this could easily vault to #1 if he proves that he can be a successful starter.
    Go BLUE!!!

I'd submit Cueto and Bruce's extensions for consideration as well.

One could argue for Votto and BP while you're at it, but I think most of us would agree that Cueto and Bruce's extensions were much more impressive accomplishments for Walt (as opposed to Bob just opening up his wallet.)
    Go BLUE!!!

I voted for Latos, but I was also tickled pink with what they gave up (or didn't give up) for Choo.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'd submit Cueto and Bruce's extensions for consideration as well.

One could argue for Votto and BP while you're at it, but I think most of us would agree that Cueto and Bruce's extensions were much more impressive accomplishments for Walt (as opposed to Bob just opening up his wallet.)
    Very good points. And that I was able to compile a list of eight options without even considering those signings just shows how far this organization has come in the past 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Latos.
    Same here.

I read the question as deal=trades.

Can't say it changes much but I didn't really consider FA signings,extensions,etc.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Latos. That and the Chapman move signaled a new era of Reds baseball to me.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Chapman. Everyone was expecting big money teams to sign him, and in the eleventh hour, the Reds swooped in and grabbed him. It was a truly pleasant surprise.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Latos was great, but the shock of the Chapman signing still sticks with me.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I went with the Latos deal. Walt dealt away a lot, but Latos is worth way more than the sum of the parts he dealt away. Latos is still just scratching the surface and he will be a TOR starter for many years to come in Cincinnati.

I'm sure it could be argued with conflicting examples, but to me the Latos deal symbolized the ending of hoarding prospects, i.e. no prospect was safe from being dealt to upgrade the team in Cincy's needs.

Quality over quanity.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

3 I've loved. Marshall, Latos and Choo. Marshall gets the last slot though because he gave up my favorite prospect Torreyes. Loved the acquisition though. Choo was my favorite target for a few years now. But snagging Latos for Volquez and redundant parts was by far the best deal of the bunch.

Turn Off Ads?