Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds' 25-man roster for 2013

Reds' 25-man roster for 2013

I would imagine that just about wraps things up. With the players available this is how I would go. I have no idea where that leaves Ondrusek or Simon. But I would keep them around in case of injuries or Masset not being ready.
    If Chapman makes the starting rotation, I would send Leake to AAA for regular work and have Simon as the long man. Unless the team is deluged by injuries, I would predict 95 wins out of that group. And another chance for playoff redemption.

C-Hanigan
    1B-Votto
    2b-Phillips
    SS-Cozart
    3B-Frazier
    LF-Ludwick
    CF-Choo
    RF-Bruce

IF-Donald
    IF-Hannahan
    OF-Heisey
    OF-Paul
    C-Mesoraco

SP-Cueto
    SP-Latos
    SP-Bailey
    SP-Arroyo
    SP-Leake

RP-LeCure
    RP-Hoover
    RP-Arredondo
    RP-Masset
    SU-Marshall
    SU-Broxton
    CL-Chapman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds' 25-man roster for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I would imagine that just about wraps things up. With the players available this is how I would go. I have no idea where that leaves Ondrusek or Simon. But I would keep them around in case of injuries or Masset not being ready.
    If Chapman makes the starting rotation, I would send Leake to AAA for regular work and have Simon as the long man.

C-Hanigan
    1B-Votto
    2b-Phillips
    SS-Cozart
    3B-Frazier
    LF-Ludwick
    CF-Choo
    RF-Bruce

IF-Donald
    IF-Hannahan
    OF-Heisey
    OF-Paul
    C-Mesoraco

SP-Cueto
    SP-Latos
    SP-Bailey
    SP-Arroyo
    SP-Leake

RP-LeCure
    RP-Hoover
    RP-Arredondo
    RP-Masset
    SU-Marshall
    SU-Broxton
    CL-Chapman
    I wouldnt be to quick to say Donald will make this team as a utility man. Burris might beat him out as well as Henry Rodriguez.

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I wouldnt be to quick to say Donald will make this team as a utility man. Burris might beat him out as well as Henry Rodriguez.

I am guessing they want Rodriguez to get regular at-bats and not sit on the bench. Emmanuel Burriss? I will pass.

I am guessing they want Rodriguez to get regular at-bats and not sit on the bench. Emmanuel Burriss? I will pass.
    I dont see Donald being much or any better thats why i brought it up...Now with Hannahan signing that makes for 1 utility spot..and dont hold your horses yet...Rolen might be back too

I am not saying the second backup infielder is set in stone. I just opined about whom I would choose.

I can't see them going with Hannahan and Rolen, because who backs up the middle infield? Hannahan and Rolen both strike me as corner infielders.

I am not saying the second backup infielder is set in stone. I just opined about whom I would choose.

I can't see them going with Hannahan and Rolen, because who backs up the middle infield? Hannahan and Rolen both strike me as corner infielders.
    Yea..Who knows...Maybe Jockety gave Dusty an extension as a joke and he had his fingers crossed and now plans on signing Rolen as player/manager

I would like to add that I am not against Rolen coming back, I am just wondering if there is still a fit since they signed Hannahan.

Lineup:

CF-Choo
    2b-Phillips
    1B-Votto
    LF-Ludwick
    RF-Bruce
    3B-Frazier
    SS-Cozart
    C-Hanigan

Bench:

IF-Donald
    IF-Hannahan
    OF-Heisey
    OF-Paul
    C-Mesoraco

SP-Cueto
    SP-Latos
    SP-Bailey
    SP-Arroyo
    SP-Chapman

RP-Leake
    RP-Simon
    RP-Arredondo/New LOOGY
    RP-LeCure
    SU-Marshall
    SU-Hoover
    CL-Broxton

Bring Rolen back as Bench Coach/Assistant Manager, or if Donald doesn't work out Rolen could be Pinch Hitter extraordinaire and late inning defense replacement at 3rd keeping his innings low. Leake in the pen for spot starts and pinch hitting ability. Massett won't be ready. I'd trade Arredondo for a LOOGY, as we need another lefty in the BP.

If Chapman isn't ready to start, put him back as Closer, Leake to the rotation and Ondrusek, Massett or new LOOGY.

GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post

GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!
    2013 is shaping up to be a special year!

Now watch us finish in last place, with 70 wins

It is a nice problem having too many players that can play.

I think X Paul is a free agent....unless I missed his signing (entirely possible). I do feel he is the X- factor (pun?) with the ability to back up CF and PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    I think X Paul is a free agent....unless I missed his signing (entirely possible). I do feel he is the X- factor (pun?) with the ability to back up CF and PH.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...2-roster.shtml

The Reds have control of Paul for 4 more years. The earliest he can be a free agent is 2017.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Cant argue with what you opined there Dave. One question........cant Hannahan play short?

Most talented roster in baseball

I think you nailed it, Dave.

I think Donald will make this club and be a valuable addition. That was a nice throw-in in the Choo trade. Honeslty diddn't hate the idea of Burriss and his being a switch hitter (or a switch tries-to-hitter), but I like Donald more.

Turn Off Ads?