Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angels close to deal with Josh Hamilton

Re: Angels close to deal with Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    That's a fair point. But Pujols has been so ridiculously good over the course of his career, I don't think it matters who hits behind him. I actually think it may benefit Hamilton moreso than Pujols.
    You might be right about that. As vaunted as the Rangers lineup is, I don't think anyone in that lineup other than Hamilton could compare to Pujols. They both might benefit from one another.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Torii Hunter made over $18 million per year for the past 4 seasons. He's under contract to make another $12 million in 2013 and $14 million in 2014.

I wish I could get disrespected like that just once.

There needs to be a correction to the title. It's the Los Angeles Angels of Aneheim California USA World Universe/Multiverse.

Just thought of it...we get the Angels on opening day, right?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Well... have fun with all that

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Well... have fun with all that
    Yeah, we've got a pretty brutal start to the season. Angels, Nats then Cards. Good thing we're going wire to wire. That means we'll probably sweep those 3 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Why would you offer 5 initially if you think you can get him for 4 years? There's no reason to go the extra mile at first. Since when do teams go as high as they're willing to go on the first try? Isn't that the point of negotiation? You leave some wiggle room to negotiate only if you have to do so.

Frankly, going 5 years initially would have seemed like they were bidding against themselves. And usually, if someone else did go 5 years, they figured they'd have a chance to counter. After all, most agents' goal is to drive the price up.
    Because when they offered 4, Hamilton didn't sign. The Angels offered 5 and he signed. The Angels did wha it took to sign him. The Rangers didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Because when they offered 4, Hamilton didn't sign. The Angels offered 5 and he signed. The Angels did wha it took to sign him. The Rangers didn't.
    Man, I wish if I were a certified baseball agent, I were negotiating with you as a GM. You sure fold quickly and easily. You must not win much at poker
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Man, I wish if I were a certified baseball agent, I were negotiating with you as a GM. You sure fold quickly and easily. You must not win much at poker
    If you were a GM, you wouldn't be one for long. "We're going to give you 4 years and that's non-negotiable. I don't want to hear a counter-offer, just take it or leave it."
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Cool. I might break the piggy bank to be there. Weaver v Cueto sounds very fun.

Yeah, we've got a pretty brutal start to the season. Angels, Nats then Cards. Good thing we're going wire to wire. That means we'll probably sweep those 3 series.
    I was looking at the Cards schedule and it's kind of odd seeing the kind of schedule we have playing now in a division with 5 teams. I see a lot of 4 game series this year which include the Phillies, Mets, Brew Crew, Royals, Diamondbacks, 2 times agains the Cubs (weird), Pirates, Dodgers, Braves, Reds, and Rockies.

Trout-Pujols-Hamilton (or whatever order) sounds like someones fantasy team.

But I think its overkill and they still need pitching.

And, not that I wish ill upon anyone and I have no inside knowlege, but I really do think Hamilton's psyche has gotten pretty wobbly. The man really does struggle with internal demons and there is trouble to be gotten into in any place you go if you're looking for it, NYC, Dallas, Anaheim, or Mayberry.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Maybe the Reds can invite the secret service to opening day. They'll bring hookers and it will tempt Hamilton and mess with his psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Trout-Pujols-Hamilton (or whatever order) sounds like someones fantasy team.

But I think its overkill and they still need pitching.

And, not that I wish ill upon anyone and I have no inside knowlege, but I really do think Hamilton's psyche has gotten pretty wobbly. The man really does struggle with internal demons and there is trouble to be gotten into in any place you go if you're looking for it, NYC, Dallas, Anaheim, or Mayberry.
    I'd actually be less worried about Hamilton's demons than injury. I look at those three and I just think there's no way they're ever all going to be healthy at any given time.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

The one thing I question about this move is if Hamilton's numbers will drop because of that ballpark. Arlington is probably the best hitter's park in the majors and the Angels play in a pitcher friendly park.

Turn Off Ads?