Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angels nearing deal with... Josh Hamilton?!

Angels nearing deal with... Josh Hamilton?!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ring-deal.html

Looks like Josh Hamilton will be in GABP come Opening Day. I don't even have words.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Angels nearing deal with... Josh Hamilton?!

That lineup will have some crazy power with Trumbo, Pujols, Hamilton, Trout, and Morales all capable of hitting more than 30 HRs. A scary lineup for sure, but outside of Weaver, I don't think their rotation is all that formidable.

They gotta try to keep up with the Dodgers! Maybe they'll both implode.

The Houston Astros and their AA lineup will feel quite welcome in the same division as the Rangers, Angels and A's. Sheep to the slaughter. Good Luck winning 50 games.

And they might package Peter Bourjos to Mets for Dickey.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Man I am going to get no sleep this baseball season staying up late to watch these LA teams and the Giants after our games.

Nerdvana Annihilation

I feel LA is a bad place for Josh Hamilton... I really hope we don't see a second book come out in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Man I am going to get no sleep this baseball season staying up late to watch these LA teams and the Giants after our games.
    agreed

Wish we were rich... would definitely prefer Hamilton > Ludwick

Even if it makes our lineup LH-heavy.. could bat BP 5th and move Hanigan/Cozart to 2nd to split them up.

Choo LF
    BP 2B
    Votto 1B
    Hamilton CF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Hanigan C
    Cozart SS

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    They gotta try to keep up with the Dodgers! Maybe they'll both implode.
    I'm hoping for the same thing. The Yanks have been trying to buy a championship for years and they only have 1 in the past 10 years ? The thing all the money does buy is playoff appearances though (in most years). This year I see the Yanks win total falling farther though.

As far as the Angels lineup, flat scary. THe Reds are going to get some awesome publicity in the first series of the year now!
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Hamilton is a cancer and constantly teetering on being injured. I'm glad we got Shin-Soo Choo over him (ignoring the financial aspects).

I think Cardinals fans are taking it worse than the Rangers fans. They are beyond paranoid over Pujols winning without them, they got lucky this year they got into the playoffs with 88 wins while the Angels missed with 89 playing in loaded AL West, now the those teams get to beat up on Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    Hamilton is a cancer and constantly teetering on being injured. I'm glad we got Shin-Soo Choo over him (ignoring the financial aspects).
    I actually completely agree with this. I would still want Choo in a vacuum, where money was no concern.

And even before taking into account Hamilton's risk factors, I still don't think this is nearly as crazy or lopsided as it would sound to some on the surface. Consider...

Hamilton career wRC+ is 135
    Choo career wRC+ is 131

Now we add that- Choo is also a year younger, far less risky from an injury and stability sense, and his body hasn't taken nearly the toll that Hamilton has put his through. I give Choo the edge as the guy I would want to be running out there this season.
    Last edited by Blood Red Path; 12-13-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling/phrasing

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Path View Post
    I actually completely agree with this. I would still want Choo in a vacuum, where money was no concern.

And even before taking into account Hamilton's risk factors, I still don't think this is nearly as crazy or lopsided as it would sound to some on the surface. Consider...

Hamilton career wRC+ is 135
    Choo career wRC+ is 131

Now we add that- Choo is also a year younger, far less risky from an injury and stability sense, and his body hasn't taken nearly the toll that Hamilton has put his through. I give Choo the edge as the guy I would want to be running out there this season.
    Choo is a one season temp player, the Angels have Josh for 5 years

And the 1st three seasons should make the back two bearable for the Angels

Wow. Rangers fans just got a whole lot matter. AL West won't be a cakewalk this year. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Turn Off Ads?