Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angels nearing deal with... Josh Hamilton?!

Re: Angels nearing deal with... Josh Hamilton?!

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Choo is a one season temp player, the Angels have Josh for 5 years

And the 1st three seasons should make the back two bearable for the Angels
    Maybe. He could also run into a wall again and break a few ribs. I think it's a ridiculous amount of money and years for a guy that can't be consistent.

Don't worry, in 2 years we'll have a different Hamilton in CF.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Rangers whiffed on Greinke and now they lose Hamilton too. It will be fun watching them scramble for the rest of the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Houston Astros and their AA lineup will feel quite welcome in the same division as the Rangers, Angels and A's. Sheep to the slaughter. Good Luck winning 50 games.
    If that team is as bad as they were last year after jettisoning Lee, Rodriguez, Myers, etc., they may be lucky to win 40 games.

Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    I feel LA is a bad place for Josh Hamilton... I really hope we don't see a second book come out in 5 years.
    You clearly don't know the difference between LA and Anaheim.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Rangers whiffed on Greinke and now they lose Hamilton too. It will be fun watching them scramble for the rest of the off season.
    Say hello to overpaying for Nick Swisher and Anabel Sanchez. These arms races remind me of the way the Yankees used to overspend themselves into oblivion on guys like Carl Pavano simply because they needed pitching and he was the best option.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

5 years and $125 million. I laughed out loud. Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Choo is a one season temp player, the Angels have Josh for 5 years

And the 1st three seasons should make the back two bearable for the Angels
    I was merely debating the merits of the two players from the standpoint of what I would be comfortable expecting to get from them on a ball club in the shortterm; however, escaping from my aforementioned vacuum...

I would gladly choose one year of Choo plus 3.5M in exchange for disposing of Stubbs and sacrificing a blocked prospect versus risking 125M on Hamilton no matter how many years I was getting him for. Every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    And they might package Peter Bourjos to Mets for Dickey.
    Could Bourjos help the Reds as a backup CF/leadoff type guy? What would it take ? They're still looking for pitching. Is he worth a mix of Leake, Heisey, or Ondrusek?

For the price that the Angels paid for Hamilton, they could have signed Angel Pagan, Brandon McCarthy, AND Jeremy Affeldt and still had some money left over. Awesome job.

its not like they really over paid with todays money. only thing you can argue is the years. a team like the angels i guess can take more risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs Homer View Post
    For the price that the Angels paid for Hamilton, they could have signed Angel Pagan, Brandon McCarthy, AND Jeremy Affeldt and still had some money left over. Awesome job.
    Doubt those players sell as many jerseys or tickets as Hamilton will and in LA its all about star power especially when battling the Dodgers for headlines.

Turn Off Ads?