Got to be different so...
1. BP wins the MVP after hitting 31 HR, 102 RBI, 122 Runs scored, and 22 sb in 25 attempts, with gold glove defense.
2. Ludwick improves on last year's numbers, and plays respectable CF from time to time.
3. Cueto wins the Cy Young and is All Star game MVP.
Bold and optomistic (cause how much fun would it be to predict doom and gloom?)
1) Votto breaks the ML record for doubles in a season.
2) Choo & Phillips (feasting on fastballs in front of Votto) score a combined 225 runs.
3) The Reds learn from the Washington expirement last year, start Chapmann slowly, working out of the pen for 2-3 inning stretches, before allowing him to pitch 4-6 in a starting role, then letting him unload upon the NL in the playoffs as the Reds march to the WS.
1. Todd Frazier leads the team in at-bats in the cleanup spot.
2. The Reds land 5 players in the All-Star Game (Latos, Chapman, Votto, Phillips, Bruce)
3. The Reds finish with their second-highest win total in club history (103)....and Dusty Baker remains public enemy #1
1) Jeff Brantley has consistent problems confusing the names "Hanigan" and "Hannahan."
2) Mat Latos adds a "t" to his first name.
3) Jonathan Broxton loses 15 pounds from the stress of a full season as closer.
"Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013
1. Jack Hannahan ends up with more games at 3rd than Frazier.
2. Homer Bailey wins 17 games and finishes 2nd in NL Cy Young voting
3. Mes hits .265 with 20 bombs and 65 ribbies while overtaking Hanigans starting spot.
"Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully
1-Now that Stubbs is gone, early on the Marty and Thom show turn their full attention to ripping on Jay Bruce. Bruce begins to hear boos at home, and the goobers on WLW turn on him as well, but most people just think they are saying Bruuuucccceeee. This eventually stops when people suddenly realize he's hitting his peak years and has stepped up his game.
Jay finishes with a 7ish WAR, depending on which system you prefer. Making him a MVP candidate, but he doesn't win because of being overshadowed on his own team by Votto and the eventual Cy Young winner. (see prediction 3)
2-Brandon Phillips begins to show signs of decline. He's still solid, and casual fans and most of the media don't notice, but the nerds like us realize he is just barely missing plays he would make in the past.
3-After this season everyone who predicted/wished Chapman would wind up back in the bullpen will not admit to ever saying that after he wins the Cy Young.
"I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.
"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread
Emphasizing the Bold Part of the 3 Bold predictions
1. Scott Rolen and Barry Larkin join the Reds Front office as assistant GM's.
2. The Reds win the World Series and both Dusty Baker and Walt Jocketty announce their retirement.
3. Bryan Price named Manager in November 2013 with Delino Deshields, Corky Miller, Mack Jenkins, Ronnie Ortegon and Billy Hatcher on his staff. Barry Larkin becomes President of Baseball Operations.
Last edited by mth123; 12-16-2012 at 01:06 PM.
"All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH
Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS
1. JJ Hoover becomes one of the most dominant set up men in baseball.
2. Cozart hits .280 with 22 HRs and no one misses Didi
3. Latos wins the 2013 Cy Young with 21W and a sub 3 ERA
1. Broxton blows a bunch of saves at the beginning of the year and is replaced by Sam LeCure, who's dine as the closer the rest of the season.
2. Mike Leake becomes the Reds second best starter.
3. Johnny Cueto fails to win 10 games.
Dusty Baker wins NL manager of the year.
Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.