Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 Bold Predictions for 2013

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 3 Bold Predictions for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    Did you not make it to #5?
    Yeah, I did...but even your positive one had some sting in it. We don't win the central. I'm just messin' with you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Got to be different so...

1. BP wins the MVP after hitting 31 HR, 102 RBI, 122 Runs scored, and 22 sb in 25 attempts, with gold glove defense.
    2. Ludwick improves on last year's numbers, and plays respectable CF from time to time.
    3. Cueto wins the Cy Young and is All Star game MVP.

Bold and optomistic (cause how much fun would it be to predict doom and gloom?)

1) Votto breaks the ML record for doubles in a season.
    2) Choo & Phillips (feasting on fastballs in front of Votto) score a combined 225 runs.
    3) The Reds learn from the Washington expirement last year, start Chapmann slowly, working out of the pen for 2-3 inning stretches, before allowing him to pitch 4-6 in a starting role, then letting him unload upon the NL in the playoffs as the Reds march to the WS.

1. Todd Frazier leads the team in at-bats in the cleanup spot.

2. The Reds land 5 players in the All-Star Game (Latos, Chapman, Votto, Phillips, Bruce)

3. The Reds finish with their second-highest win total in club history (103)....and Dusty Baker remains public enemy #1

1) Jeff Brantley has consistent problems confusing the names "Hanigan" and "Hannahan."
    2) Mat Latos adds a "t" to his first name.
    3) Jonathan Broxton loses 15 pounds from the stress of a full season as closer.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

1. Jack Hannahan ends up with more games at 3rd than Frazier.
    2. Homer Bailey wins 17 games and finishes 2nd in NL Cy Young voting
    3. Mes hits .265 with 20 bombs and 65 ribbies while overtaking Hanigans starting spot.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Stat geek...and proud
    1-Now that Stubbs is gone, early on the Marty and Thom show turn their full attention to ripping on Jay Bruce. Bruce begins to hear boos at home, and the goobers on WLW turn on him as well, but most people just think they are saying Bruuuucccceeee. This eventually stops when people suddenly realize he's hitting his peak years and has stepped up his game.

Jay finishes with a 7ish WAR, depending on which system you prefer. Making him a MVP candidate, but he doesn't win because of being overshadowed on his own team by Votto and the eventual Cy Young winner. (see prediction 3)

2-Brandon Phillips begins to show signs of decline. He's still solid, and casual fans and most of the media don't notice, but the nerds like us realize he is just barely missing plays he would make in the past.

3-After this season everyone who predicted/wished Chapman would wind up back in the bullpen will not admit to ever saying that after he wins the Cy Young.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    1. Shin-Soo Choo misses more than 50 games to injury
    Meh. I'm betting he does everything to stay healthy considering he'll be in a contract year.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    1.The Reds team ERA jumps up .25-.50 runs.

2.The Reds still win the division by 5+ games.

3.Billy Hamilton comes up at some point in late August, plays off of the Reds bench most of the time and wins a few games with his legs on the base paths. Then he makes the playoff roster and does similar damage in the playoffs (maybe not wins games, but scores runs that others wouldn't have).

Benihana.... I don't see any of yours happening lol
    I see all of your's happening. On the other hand, none of them are bold.

Emphasizing the Bold Part of the 3 Bold predictions

1. Scott Rolen and Barry Larkin join the Reds Front office as assistant GM's.

2. The Reds win the World Series and both Dusty Baker and Walt Jocketty announce their retirement.

3. Bryan Price named Manager in November 2013 with Delino Deshields, Corky Miller, Mack Jenkins, Ronnie Ortegon and Billy Hatcher on his staff. Barry Larkin becomes President of Baseball Operations.
    Last edited by mth123; 12-16-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

1. JJ Hoover becomes one of the most dominant set up men in baseball.
    2. Cozart hits .280 with 22 HRs and no one misses Didi
    3. Latos wins the 2013 Cy Young with 21W and a sub 3 ERA

1. Broxton blows a bunch of saves at the beginning of the year and is replaced by Sam LeCure, who's dine as the closer the rest of the season.

2. Mike Leake becomes the Reds second best starter.

3. Johnny Cueto fails to win 10 games.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    1. Broxton blows a bunch of saves at the beginning of the year and is replaced by Sam LeCure, who's dine as the closer the rest of the season.
    I would think Marshall would get first crack, no? Is it because he's the only lefty?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I would think Marshall would get first crack, no? Is it because he's the only lefty?
    Because of Sam's 'stache
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Dusty Baker wins NL manager of the year.

Turn Off Ads?