Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trout, Hamilton, Pujols, Trumbo

Trout, Hamilton, Pujols, Trumbo

Excuse me while I go piss my pants.

If they don't score 10+ runs at GABP nightly, than I'll be amazed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trout, Hamilton, Pujols, Trumbo

well, even with all the firepower they had in 2012, they still couldn't reach the playoffs.
    some years back, the Cubs blew everyone away with their "spreading spree" and look where it got them. they're still paying off some of those ridiculously bad contracts even though most of players are now gone........

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    well, even with all the firepower they had in 2012, they still couldn't reach the playoffs.
    some years back, the Cubs blew everyone away with their "spreading spree" and look where it got them. they're still paying off some of those ridiculously bad contracts even though most of players are now gone........
    well i have a feeling adding a guy has the potential to hit 40-45 Home Runs, and knock in 100-130 Rbi's annually will definitely improve there chances to make the playoffs.

Especially when surrounded by all of those guys.

i thought pitching was the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    well, even with all the firepower they had in 2012, they still couldn't reach the playoffs. .
    The didn't have Trout the whole year since he was called up they went 83-59 after a 6-14 start. The chances of the A's winning 94 games and the O's 93 is slim in 2013 and losing Hamilton and Napoli while make it harder for the Rangers to get to 93 plus then now get 18 games with Houston after winning 89 last year without them and getting those 18 division games added with the worst team in baseball the then have to play less vs everyone else going from a 4 team division to 5.

In 2012 the Angels played the 2nd hardest schedule second to Seattle who was 1st since they didn't get to play themselves in the division.

Ernesto Frieri had a 2.32 ERA while Jepsen and Downs came in at 3.02 and 3.15 and the team finish with a 3.97 BP ERA which was 22nd To help fix that they added Madson who has a 2.89 ERA over his last 5 season's he played as a full time BP member and LHP Sean Burnett who posted a 2.81 ERA in his 4 years with the Nats. For the rotation they added 26yo Tommy Hanson and his 3.61 career ERA over 108 starts to be the current #3 behind Wilson and Weaver and are said to be looking to move some extra players for another SP.

There is no reason not to expect these guys to be the best team in the AL West this year with a full season of Trout, Pujols not getting off to terrible start and Trumbo a year older, Chris Iannetta not missing half the year, Morales getting back in shape after a year back in the game after missing a year and half and now adding Hamilton and improving the pen.

Yes. For about 120 games a year the Angels lineup will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Yes. For about 120 games a year the Angels lineup will be awesome.
    Hamilton has shown more durability than Choo has over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Hamilton has shown more durability than Choo has over the last few years.

Since Choo wasn't even in this thread, I have no idea why you try to inject him into this conversation. Irrelevant. Try again.

And, just for clarification, in case anyone believed what you said.

Last four years Choo had 2375PA and played in 144 or more games 3 times.
    Last four years Hamilton had 2110PA and played in 144 or more games 1 time.
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-13-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Since Choo wasn't even in this thread, I have no idea why you try to inject him into this conversation. Irrelevant. Try again.
    He wasn't but you can't knock another teams move calling out a players durability and then still like ours when he has the same questions and isn't as good of a player, not a CF and our league doesn't have a DH if he gets banged up.

He wasn't but you can't knock another teams move calling out a players durability and then still like ours when he has the same questions and isn't as good of a player, not a CF and our league doesn't have a DH if he gets banged up.

Another ridiculous post. You are on a roll. I commented on the topic at hand. How hard is that for you to understand?

Last four years Choo had 2375PA and played in 144 or more games 3 times.Last four years Hamilton had 2110PA and played in 144 or more games 1 time.
    You cherry picked 4 years if you went 5 or 3 or less Choo loses, You bypass the year Choo misses with injury getting TJ and go to Hamilton's year he missed time with the ab injury.

Games/PA
    5 years
    647/2814 for Josh
    634/2745 for Choo

3 Years
    402/1745 for Josh
    384/1690 for Choo

Another ridiculous post. You are on a roll. I commented on the topic at hand. How hard is that for you to understand?
    I understand how bad it makes you look to knock a guy with one extended trip to the DL while happy we got a guy who has spent more time out injured. Especially when we may attempt to play him out of position and we play in a league that we can't keep his bat in the line up if he's banged up via the DH.

I understand how bad it makes you look to knock a guy with one extended trip to the DL while happy we got a guy who has spent more time out injured. Especially when we may attempt to play him out of position and we play in a league that we can't keep his bat in the line up if he's banged up via the DH.
    Choo has DHed a grand total of zero times the last two years.

You cherry picked 4 years if you went 5 or 3 or less Choo loses, You bypass the year Choo misses with injury getting TJ and go to Hamilton's year he missed time with the ab injury.

Games/PA
    5 years
    647/2814 for Josh
    634/2745 for Choo

3 Years
    402/1745 for Josh
    384/1690 for Choo

I think you're cherry picking stats more, Choo wasn't a regular until 2009. Hamilton is also 13 + months older and the Angels have committed 5 year/ $125 mil
    The Reds are committing about $5 mil to Choo (including money coming from Cle)

My simple calculation using Baseball Reference:
    Josh Hamilton 6 Years of Service, 3151 PA, 23.3 WAR
    525.2 PA/Year of Service, 3.88 WAR/ Year of Service
    Sin Shoo Choo 5.119 Years of Service, 2965 PA, 19.9 WAR
    581.4 PA/ Years of Service, 3.89 WAR/ Year of Service

Performance wise they're similair if not equal, but we've invested much much less.

redsfanhere

i would take any of the four players all potential game changers but really digging trout cant miss superstar... but votto pretty nice tooo

Turn Off Ads?