Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Reds done dealing?

Re: Are the Reds done dealing?

One more reliever, preferably a lefty. would be nice. Unless Leake or Cingrani go to the pen, it appears we've got Masset and Ondrusek battling for the last spot. It's no fatal flaw by any means, but another competing arm would be a welcome addition.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can't recall another time in my Reds fandom where there is virutally no shot at any kind of trade/improvement, perhaps outside of picking up one more bullpen arm.

I check mlbtraderumors.com every day of the year, and I can't even think about what a trade target would even look like (again outside some marginal bench/bullpen player).

Peter Bourjous is available. Rick Porcello being discussed. RA Dickey on the block. Who cares? There isn't a weakness the Reds would (or need to) consider improving upon. It's just a weird feeling.
    Go BLUE!!!

I can't recall another time in my Reds fandom where there is virutally no shot at any kind of trade/improvement, perhaps outside of picking up one more bullpen arm.

I check mlbtraderumors.com every day of the year, and I can't even think about what a trade target would even look like (again outside some marginal bench/bullpen player).

Peter Bourjous is available. Rick Porcello being discussed. RA Dickey on the block. Who cares? There isn't a weakness the Reds would (or need to) consider improving upon. It's just a weird feeling. Kind of boring actually. There's nothing to really discuss until the season (or at least Spring Training) starts.
    Go BLUE!!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Peter Bourjous is available. Rick Porcello being discussed. RA Dickey on the block. Who cares? There isn't a weakness the Reds would (or need to) consider improving upon. It's just a weird feeling. Kind of boring actually. There's nothing to really discuss until the season (or at least Spring Training) starts.
    It's like deja vu all over again.

Say it again!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Jack joined the dark side.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'm someone who fretted about the effectiveness of the bullpen all of last year, and to an extent I stand by it. Most relievers are so up and down from year to year, I'd like for the Reds to have a few more options than Arredondo/Ondrusek/Simon/injured Masset. Broxton, Marshall, Hoover, and LeCure are the only locks in my mind, and even then Hoover still only has 28 major league innings under his belt.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

Jack joined the dark side.
    Holy crap, that's funny.

Rep-tastic, that picture.

Someone needs to Photoshop that one.

Not this year, but eventually, I see the Reds trading for that last piece of the puzzle........a legit cleanup hitter for LF.

Ludwick is as good as it gets right now. But they really need someone of the caliber of Giancarlo Stanton hitting behind Votto.

I was just playing my 9Innings game on my IPhone. I won the World Series last season playing the Reds. This season, I chose to be the Nationals. I'm 6-1 so far. Just defeated the Marlins in a 3-game series. Stanton hit 2 HR's in the last game, but I still won 8-4.

I think the reds may look to move some guys to save some cash in the spring. If Masset proves healthy, I could see him peddled for a low level minor leaguer and salary relief. Arredondo might be gone too, but his success against lefty hitting may save him on a team short on lefty relief options. If they could get a AAAA shortstop who plays defense and can sit in AAA as insurance for one of these guys, that would be fine.

Speaking of that, a second lefty for the pen would be nice and I like JP Howell or maybe Raphael Perez on a cheap deal. Honestly, if the idea is to field the best big league team possible to go for the win in 2013, Tony Cingrani may be a better option than anything on the market

Leake (Swingman)
    Arredondo/Simon/Ondrusek/Masset (I'd deal at least 2)
    Cingrani
    Lecure
    Marshall
    Hoover
    Broxton
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Honestly, if the idea is to field the best big league team possible to go for the win in 2013, Tony Cingrani may be a better option than anything on the market
    I think he joins the bullpen at some point midseason if there hasn't been a need for him in the rotation by then...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Holy crap, that's funny.

Rep-tastic, that picture.

Someone needs to Photoshop that one.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I'm feeling Yoda more than Darth

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    I'm feeling Yoda more than Darth
    Emperor Palpatine

Last edited by klw; 12-15-2012 at 09:12 PM.

I'm thinking the Reds need to start attempting to acquire a power hitting OFer (left fielder) from someone's minor leagues. Maybe a team like the Dodgers that are stacked at the position for years to come. Or the Angels who have Trout, Hamilton, and others.

Reds should find a team that is loaded in the OF, has other needs, and try and make a deal. Reds have pretty much zero power hitting outfielders in the minors right now.

Twins have a triple A OFer, former #1 pick, Chris Parmalee, 24 years old, that hit for power and average. Twins need major league pitching.

Dbacks have a 24 year old LFer in triple A, Ryan Wheeler, that hit for power and average.

Brewers have a 24 year old OFer in triple A, named Khris Davis, that hit for power and average.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 12-16-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Turn Off Ads?