Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Taxpayer Fraud in regards to the Yum! Center

Re: The Taxpayer Fraud in regards to the Yum! Center

Pretty good article about the ridiculous nature of the Yum! deal ...

http://insiderlouisville.com/news/20...hant-downtown/

Once they come to the State with their hand out begging to get bailed out yet again, the deal will change. One thing the article fails to mention that UL is siphoning off most of the profits of the arena, even profits generated by events that have NOTHING to do with LCC.

UL and Tom Jurich don't give a damn about the city of Louisville. Pretty sad.
    Last edited by WMR; 12-20-2012 at 01:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ha, a Mark Coomes article. Classic. It's almost like that guy used to write for the Cat's Pause.

I wonder how Rupp Arena was financed. Or Commonwealth Stadium. Is there a guy named Jim Commonwealth who forked over cash for naming rights for a privately financed stadium.

Keep the faux outrage coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Ha, a Mark Coomes article. Classic. It's almost like that guy used to write for the Cat's Pause.
    While there are always questions about bias in specific journalists, where did he get his facts wrong, BR?

For starters, that half the people in Louisville metro are UK fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    For starters, that half the people in Louisville metro are UK fans.
    What a substantive criticism of his very valid points.

We'll call it half of Jefferson county just so you insecure Redbirds don't feel too bad, how's that?

Which points of his were "very valid"? The fact that he thinks half of Jefferson County are UK fans (not even close) is just a symptomatic of the slant in that article.

100% of me thinks you would be thrilled if UK got the same deal from Lexington and your objection to anything involved with the Yum! Center stems solely for your dislike of the UofL. There's a verifiable fact.

BTW, was Coomes under a rock when the negotiations around this arena were taking place? UofL made it pretty clear, pretty publicly that they were not interested in an arena deal that left open the possiblity of an NBA team. These weren't exactly secret negotiations.

I still want to hear how much Jim Commonwealth had to give for naming rights to UK's privately financed football stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Biggest misconception of all-time by UL fans...

That UK fans are actually envious of their arena.

I care about hanging banners, not building albatrosses that will require the state bailing out my school.

You know UL went bankrupt right? Tom Jurich spending like a drunken sailor while the Kentucky taxpayer foots the bill. He's good at that. Just look at Strong's ridiculous, unearned contract.

1986.... Soooooooooooo jealous.
    Kentucky taxpayers have nothing to do with UofL's athletic department.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Pretty good article about the ridiculous nature of the Yum! deal ...

http://insiderlouisville.com/news/20...hant-downtown/

Once they come to the State with their hand out begging to get bailed out yet again, the deal will change. One thing the article fails to mention that UL is siphoning off most of the profits of the arena, even profits generated by events that have NOTHING to do with LCC.

UL and Tom Jurich don't give a damn about the city of Louisville. Pretty sad.
    Care nothing about the city? UofL wanted to build the arena on campus thus getting ALL the profits and adding nothing to the city as far as development. They went with downtown because they realized it was good for the city. They are getting far less than they would have by building it on their own on campus. Coomes is so off base, and WMR you're lapping it up. Get the facts straight before you fire off baseless accusations.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    Care nothing about the city? UofL wanted to build the arena on campus thus getting ALL the profits and adding nothing to the city as far as development. They went with downtown because they realized it was good for the city. They are getting far less than they would have by building it on their own on campus. Coomes is so off base, and WMR you're lapping it up. Get the facts straight before you fire off baseless accusations.
    More UL spin and lies... did Jurich tell you this story himself?

You're the one who needs to do some fact-checking.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Can someone give me the highlights on what is going on here. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Can someone give me the highlights on what is going on here. Thanks
    UK fans and UL fans don't get along all that well.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    UK fans and UL fans don't get along all that well.
    Ha! Best post ever!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

More UL spin and lies... did Jurich tell you this story himself?

You're the one who needs to do some fact-checking.
    You really are too much. From the YUM! wiki page. Source is the Courier Journal June 23, 2006. Paid article in their archives. Feel free to look it up, or just keep being a clueless UK fan. Your choice.

"The Task Force meetings were not without controversy. At first, task force member and University of Louisville athletics director Tom Jurich, along with University of Louisville president James Ramsey and Task Force member John Schnatter, were ardently opposed to a downtown site and supported instead a campus arena, or a new arena built near Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Jurich and Ramsey would later support the waterfront site"
    Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    You really are too much. From the YUM! wiki page. Source is the Courier Journal June 23, 2006. Paid article in their archives. Feel free to look it up, or just keep being a clueless UK fan. Your choice.

"The Task Force meetings were not without controversy. At first, task force member and University of Louisville athletics director Tom Jurich, along with University of Louisville president James Ramsey and Task Force member John Schnatter, were ardently opposed to a downtown site and supported instead a campus arena, or a new arena built near Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Jurich and Ramsey would later support the waterfront site"
    The whole purpose of this thread is for a certain UK fan to troll. Ignore him and the thread will go away.

Wiki? LOL, I'm sure Jurich or one of his cronies wrote that himself. UL wouldn't have had anything close to YUM on their campus in a million years because then they would have had to found some way to actually pay for the thing instead of just keeping all the profits while raping the city and driving the YUM into insolvency. They had to find some way to get the city (and eventually it's looking like the state) on the hook. Having the fair board comprised largely of UL boosters certainly didn't hurt matters.

The bonds used to finance YUM have been downgraded to junk. But everything's great and UL has offered to renegotiate their crooked lease so just MAYBE the arena doesn't go bankrupt. Oh wait... They HAVEN'T done that. Because driving the arena into bankruptcy was UL's goal from the beginning. Then they can own a 300 million dollar arena for 75-100 mill since, lo and behold, guess who gets first right to buy the arena if/when it goes belly up? Brilliant!
    Last edited by WMR; 01-06-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Turn Off Ads?